User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Regulator Leaking

This morning I found my propane regulator leaking. I don't know if you can see the bubble being formed by the leak. Does anyone know if this can be temporarily tightened?

I noticed the picture is sideways. I'll try to fix that.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails piA47PivRDCMXE1kqQyHxQ.jpg  
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 351M
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW CC 8 ft bed, B&W Companion hitch
    2018 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
    2019 KTM 790 Adventure

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thiink you will have an unplanned trip to buy a new regulator, I doubt it can be tightened.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue just recently - new regulator was required. Here is a direct quote from the Fairview regulator owner pamphlet that you will find in your documentation package - it is in the "DANGER" box upper left corner of front page:
    "Failure to rotate Changeover lever and/or disconnection of hose while indicator is red will result in a propane gas leak which, if ignited, may cause property damage, bodily injury or death".

...VTX-Al

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an inexpensive regulator just like the ones used on gas grills. It's a throw-away item but needs to be replaced sooner than later. I found Tractor Supply has good inventory of this type equipment. Also when filling propane bottles, prices seem competitive.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. I figured I would need a new regulator but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 351M
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW CC 8 ft bed, B&W Companion hitch
    2018 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
    2019 KTM 790 Adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't done the bubble test yet, but when we returned to our unit, we could propane from the curb side tank area. A day or two ago, when we checked the indicator it was not completely empty yet so we did not move the change over lever thinking we should wait until it was completely empty. Is this a part that would be covered under warranty being that our unit is less than a year old?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fix there with a new regulator I had to replace ours on a trip this July. I spent more time going after the new parts than installing. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Easy fix there with a new regulator I had to replace ours on a trip this July. I spent more time going after the new parts than installing. Good luck!
    Thanks for your reply. Based on the information provided above from the instruction manual, my next question is aimed at those of you who are experts at this. Would it be a recommended practice to move the changeover lever as soon as the level indicator shows red? Do you then refill that tank or do you refill both tanks when the second one indicates a low level? Thank you in advance for your help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change over and then fill your bottle if convenient. Running out is no fun!
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Based on the information provided above from the instruction manual, my next question is aimed at those of you who are experts at this. Would it be a recommended practice to move the changeover lever as soon as the level indicator shows red? Do you then refill that tank or do you refill both tanks when the second one indicates a low level? Thank you in advance for your help.
    I usually do fill the newly empty tank when it changes over so that I keep plenty of gas on board. I had a situation where I did not keep track of our gas usage and ran both tanks out. Had to wait a couple of hours for a local Tractor Supply to open so I could get them refilled. I am not shy about using gas will typically always have the hot water system on both gas and electric for better recovery/plenty of hot water and also will use the furnace on cool nights.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast