Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing in Wind ?

I have owned our 2600 RB a year now have 1500 miles towing with it all have been great no bad weather no real wind to speak of , next is the annual fishing trip to Eastern High Sierras a bit of wind in the forecast for high desert areas SW at 10 -20 mph increasing during the day , hope to get through early in the morning before it gets higher. My question is in the wind does it help to go up more links on the WDH or just lower speed and ride it out ? F150 ,air bags , e-rated tires , Blue Ox Sway Pro, Thanks for any advice Dale/ DEDenis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ll be fine. Your gas gauge is not broken, she will definitely eat more gas in a crosswind. We’ve towed across West Texas and NM in the wind.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing in the High Desert can be a little interesting. I watch for thermals,(dust devils), cats paws, (ripples on canals and standing water) and slow down to where you are comfortable. I got hit by a big thermal between Kettleman City and Lemoore, and really felt it. It got my attention really fast. Where are you headed? Mammoth Lakes area? I'll be watching with interest. Good Luck and travel safe.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeff and Bob going to head out early on Sunday winds not heavy till afternoon. We will be heading to Convict Lake for the first 4 nights then across 395 to Browns Camp on the Owens River for 3 more nights some call it Benton Crossing it is just down the road . So I guess no on tightening up the hitch . Thanks again Dale / DEDennis Fish -On

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did another 3 day trip going there rain and high winds 26liters of gas per 100k that's 9 miles to the gallon. On the way home no wind or rain 17liters per 100k that's 13.8 a huge difference.
    When we were going down I said to my wife I should have taken another chain link on the WDH to see if it made a difference. Didn't need to on the way home.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars