User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Roof Replacement

Here is a good video of a new roof being replaced. Eye opening.
    https://youtu.be/mEUmZ4-z1Bg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so why is a 3rd party repairing this? Its a 2019. The dealer would have taken this back. Looks like an insurance job.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting, just got done watching it and all I can say is shame on you RV Industry!!!

Of course, mine was built to exacting standards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow....things that make you question what you were thinking.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very informative video. Agree with man on video that manufacturers should protect electrical wires and use more fasteners. Hope mine was built better than one in video.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2013 Chevrolet Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I'm not impressed with my Reflection TT at all. I would not consider buying another one and my recommendation to prospective purchasers would be to look at other brands as well. My last TT was a Forest River Rockwood and had FAR fewer problems.

From the GD website: EXPERIENCED WORKFORCE Our local workforce has been hand-picked and has an excellent reputation for second-to-none industry craftsmanship. RAISING THE QUALITY BAR We put every Grand Design RV through a series of quality inspection gates during the manufacturing process. Once completed, the unit undergoes a comprehensive “final finish” inspection. At this point, most manufacturers ship their coaches to the dealer for retail sale. We aren’t most manufacturers. Every one of our coaches are shipped to a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) area where they are put through a rigorous 288+ point inspection checklist. It is only after PDI certification that we deem a unit ready to ship to our dealers. IMO this is nothing more than marketing hype B.S..

As mentioned in the video, my roof decking also gives quite a bit when walking on it. My last TT (FR Rockwood) had a solid feeling to the roof decking with hardly any "give" at all. Drywall mesh tape at the roof decking seams? That is a joke.

Also there are/ were numerous problems discovered, below is a list. The two that I consider the worst so far are/ were the "master" bedroom door was not installed properly as it was out of plumb in two directions due to the wall being out of plumb (something I had to correct by jockeying the jamb around) and had a cracked jamb/ trim piece. The other is the crooked top piece of carpet on the dinette slide, see pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	22593 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2.jpg 
Views:	53 
ID:	22594

Grand Design 312 BHTS Problems * indicates completion.
    Entry door hard to close and stay latched. *
    “Equalizer” in center of leaf springs has 2 fittings that can’t be greased.
    Bathroom sink small dent in front. *
    3 skirting braces not attached due to broken screws. *
    Broken screw in slide out trim. *
    Outside kitchen “door” wouldn’t lock and lock damaged drawer. *
    Edges of stove extending above counter top. *
    Finger pulls on both pocket doors fell out. *
    Latch on drop down bunk needed repair. *
    Sewer cap cracked and leaks. *
    Fresh water drain valve leaks. *
    Hot water heater exterior door not closing properly. *
    Shower enclosure wall at bottom not secured properly. *
    Shower enclosure walls not adhering to bathroom walls causing gap at top.
    Master bedroom door not installed properly, one wall out of plumb both ways. Trim and jamb cracked. Dealer replaced jamb and trim. I had to remove, shim and reinstall. *
    Shades appear to be too short and losing creases, not maintaining shape when opening.
    Shower bottom "curb" is crooked or opening framing is crooked.
    Ceiling trim in bedroom and bunkroom is loose.
    Frame is rusted at delivery, welds and surface rust. I have treated most areas. *
    Living room slide floor carpet (upper piece) was installed crooked, 1 ½ inches difference
    front to back.
    Moving part of awning frame does not line up with attached part when closed.
    Roof exterior covering is molding at underlayment joints, weird.
    Light above docking station not working.
    Living room slide noise due to not being lubricated. *
    Shower door track at bottom corners not caulked properly causing leak. I removed
    and replaced caulk. *
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 09-14-2019 at 08:15 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I have to say I'm not impressed with my Reflection TT at all. I would not consider buying another one and my recommendation to prospective purchasers would be to look at other brands as well. My last TT was a Forest River Rockwood and had FAR fewer problems.

From the GD website: EXPERIENCED WORKFORCE Our local workforce has been hand-picked and has an excellent reputation for second-to-none industry craftsmanship. RAISING THE QUALITY BAR We put every Grand Design RV through a series of quality inspection gates during the manufacturing process. Once completed, the unit undergoes a comprehensive “final finish” inspection. At this point, most manufacturers ship their coaches to the dealer for retail sale. We aren’t most manufacturers. Every one of our coaches are shipped to a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) area where they are put through a rigorous 288+ point inspection checklist. It is only after PDI certification that we deem a unit ready to ship to our dealers. IMO this is nothing more than marketing hype B.S..

As mentioned in the video, my roof decking also gives quite a bit when walking on it. My last TT (FR Rockwood) had a solid feeling to the roof decking with hardly any "give" at all. Drywall mesh tape at the roof decking seams? That is a joke.

Also there are/ were numerous problems discovered, below is a list. The two that I consider the worst so far are/ were the "master" bedroom door was not installed properly as it was out of plumb in two directions due to the wall being out of plumb (something I had to correct by jockeying the jamb around) and had a cracked jamb/ trim piece. The other is the crooked top piece of carpet on the dinette slide, see pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1.jpg 
Views:	37 
ID:	22593 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2.jpg 
Views:	53 
ID:	22594

Grand Design 312 BHTS Problems * indicates completion.
    Entry door hard to close and stay latched. *
    “Equalizer” in center of leaf springs has 2 fittings that can’t be greased.
    Bathroom sink small dent in front. *
    3 skirting braces not attached due to broken screws. *
    Broken screw in slide out trim. *
    Outside kitchen “door” wouldn’t lock and lock damaged drawer. *
    Edges of stove extending above counter top. *
    Finger pulls on both pocket doors fell out. *
    Latch on drop down bunk needed repair. *
    Sewer cap cracked and leaks. *
    Fresh water drain valve leaks. *
    Hot water heater exterior door not closing properly. *
    Shower enclosure wall at bottom not secured properly. *
    Shower enclosure walls not adhering to bathroom walls causing gap at top.
    Master bedroom door not installed properly, one wall out of plumb both ways. Trim and jamb cracked. Dealer replaced jamb and trim. I had to remove, shim and reinstall. *
    Shades appear to be too short and losing creases, not maintaining shape when opening.
    Shower bottom "curb" is crooked or opening framing is crooked.
    Ceiling trim in bedroom and bunkroom is loose.
    Frame is rusted at delivery, welds and surface rust. I have treated most areas. *
    Living room slide floor carpet (upper piece) was installed crooked, 1 ½ inches difference
    front to back.
    Moving part of awning frame does not line up with attached part when closed.
    Roof exterior covering is molding at underlayment joints, weird.
    Light above docking station not working.
    Living room slide noise due to not being lubricated. *
    Shower door track at bottom corners not caulked properly causing leak. I removed
    and replaced caulk. *
    Boy I thought I was a dissatisfied customer. I have to admit I "drank the coolaid" that is the GD website. I'm coming from a FR Flagstaff that I had no trouble with beyond my own wear and tear, I just outgrew it. I have a list at least as long as yours sharing about half the items you do. The dealer just had the coach for 5 weeks this time and "fixed" the shower walls by putting expansion rivets along the sides. First thing I noticed and pointed out to the service writer were the bulges in the corners where it still wasn't sealed. I fixed it myself. They did seal the track at the bottom so water doesn't run onto the floor now.
    A troubling one I just discovered is water running out from the front cap on the driver side corner when I raised the jacks to hook up a couple days ago. It had rained hard the day before. I'll have to get a ladder and the garden hose out when I get back home to see if I can find the source. For sure you can't depend on a dealer to take an interest in the problem unless it's in plain site.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-14-2019 at 08:32 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it is an eye opening.... EYE POPPING video, shame should certainly fall on GD in particular, and the industry as a whole. If I ever hear a GD salesman tell me again about GD being superior, I will have laugh in his face.

There is zero, none, nada any excuse for this sort of “craftsmanship “.

Also, I have watched many, if not all of this guys videos. Very informative, if I ever needed an rv roof, I would strongly consider these guys over any roll on stuff. They do it right.
    Last edited by Heavy Half Ton; 09-14-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Boy I thought I was a dissatisfied customer. I have to admit I "drank the coolaid" that is the GD website.
    Sorry to hear about your cap, hopefully it isn't anything major. That roof video really has me concerned, terrible. I already saw from my "issues" that the craftsmanship pretty much sucks. Maybe they have a couple positive points somewhere in the construction methods. Like maybe the cabinets won't fall off the walls and the roof ladder is secured. What GD is really good at is making the interior look upscale during a walk through. I've spent about $400 in diesel and tolls taking my TT back to the dealer and I'm not done yet.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a sad video. Reinforces for me the following:

.Grand Design claims about higher quality construction and quality inspections is just pure bunk and marketing hype.
    .Many of the workers just don't care and know that their crappy construction habits are mostly hidden and no one is checking on them
    .no engineering plans, no construction standards, no expectation for quality work.

The CEO and upper management at Grand Designs should watch that video.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast