User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess as long as everyone else builds crap and GD will fix it(although there are plenty of owners who report being shunned by GD in their attempts to get warranty repairs too), everything’s good?
    Last edited by minnow101; 09-19-2019 at 05:55 AM.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t have a lot to say just WOW !
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had issues with my: roof, hydraulic slideout cylinders, water leaks (plumbing), trim pieces falling off, screws snapped off. All & more in a year & half of ownership. It is just a matter of, take a trip, find problem(s), fix problem(s), return home, find problem(s), fix problem(s), repeat.
    I've had two Northwood 5th wheels in the past 19 years prior to my GD & had zero structural problems with them (mfg. in NE Oregon). I will never buy another trailer made in the "rv capital of America" again. They just rotate the same crappy workers from manufacturer to manufacturer 'cause they can't find good workers to fill the spots, & use the same crappy manufacturing principles as the next crappy manufacturer. JMHO
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    They just rotate the same crappy workers from manufacturer to manufacturer 'cause they can't find good workers to fill the spots, & use the same crappy manufacturing principles as the next crappy manufacturer. JMHO
    I don't get the "crappy workers" comment. The real problem is they pay "piecework" and have little to zero oversight. Their main interest is getting the units out the door as quickly as possible. Proper oversight and training would cost them a little more but I wouldn't see it as a major expense. They are just too greedy and management is either too lazy or controlled by bean counters. They assume buyers will fix minor issues themselves, not notice some issues or accept questionable workmanship.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we are in the minority, as we have been very happy with our GD Solitude. So far only two major issues, one with the heat pump not providing heat and second the microwave/convection oven died (neither a GD issue) and GD has stepped up to the plate and responded quickly and satisfactorily. While industry wide there have been some questionable and poor construction practices, so far our GD Solitude has been better than others we have had, knocking on wood.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 09-20-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    I guess we are in the minority, as we have been very happy with our GD Solitude. So far only two major issues, one with the heat pump not providing heat and second the microwave/convection oven died (neither a GD issue) and GD has stepped up to the plate and responded quickly and satisfactorily. While industry wide there have been some questionable and poor construction practices, so far our GD Solitude has been better than others we have had, knocking on wood.
    I would guess you are, consider yourselves fortunate. Surprising your heat pump didn't work. One would think that would have been discovered in the 288 point PDI.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    One would think that would have been discovered in the 288 point PDI.
    What's a 288point PDI?
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    I would guess you are, consider yourselves fortunate. Surprising your heat pump didn't work. One would think that would have been discovered in the 288 point PDI.
    In a perfect world yes, but alas we do not live in a perfect world. Consider two things, the reality that products are made by humans and humans can make mistakes or miss things second products are made from materials that can fail. This is why companies offer warranties and one hopes the company stands behind their product. In our case GD has responded well, better in fact than other RV companies we have had. Having said that, the heat pump was working initially and then failed so not an oversight in the 288 point PDI, rather a failure of the unit itself.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the amount of trailers GD produces and the few complaints you read of on here the majority of people are happy. Even just considering going by the people who are on the forum. Even so, those that get a bad one have a right to not be happy and complain about it. Paying that much money and having so much trouble with would drive one crazy. The good point about GD is they will make sure it is made right. Even with the auto industry you hear of people complaining they must have gotten one built on a Friday or a Monday.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO what stands out with GD is their customer service.
    I had a Forest River TT before and only had one issue with it. We had 12 issues with current one.
    We are afraid of upgrading to a Solitude since everything has been fixed with current one. We just don't want to start all over again or end up with something worse.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast