User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting back to the roof video and the issues found. I'm on the road now so I've had reason to go on the roof to clean leaves and debris. Also I'm keeping an eye on the two rear corners that the caulk had begun to crack / open. GD says it's not covered by warranty because it was past 90 days before the dealer got to it. I had to wait 32 days for the drop off date GD customer service set up for me otherwise I was in. I paid for the repair.
    I digress, While up there I was more aware of soft spots in the roof deck which I had noticed before. I went back to the brochure and web site and one of the "construction features" are 5" trusses 16" on center. I took my tape up with me next time to see. I have two areas unsupported 32" on center, one the very front sheet. Three more were 24" on center. At the ladder there is a truss 16" in from the back and the next place forward where I feel support is 48" with two deck sheets butted in between and no sign of support under the joint. I'm in Tennessee now and half tempted to go see RVRoof install while I'm here.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-20-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    With the amount of trailers GD produces and the few complaints you read of on here the majority of people are happy. Even just considering going by the people who are on the forum. Even so, those that get a bad one have a right to not be happy and complain about it. Paying that much money and having so much trouble with would drive one crazy. The good point about GD is they will make sure it is made right. Even with the auto industry you hear of people complaining they must have gotten one built on a Friday or a Monday.
    I don't know how many people are happy. I do know that GD does not live up to their marketing hype as far as I have seen with my unit. In fact, I wouldn't consider another one after seeing the way the bedroom door, shower track caulking and slide carpet left the factory, let alone the myriad of other issues. We'll see if it's made right.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    What's a 288point PDI?
    GDRV likes to tout that they have the best, most thorough PreDeliveryInspection (PDI) in the industry. 288 points are inspected on each and every RV. This is the reason GDRV didn't make my short list for our new fifth wheel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	955.1 KB 
ID:	22901
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone dug into pricing from the folks at RVRoofInstall?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things like this really have me wanting to build my own trailer from a custom-ordered gooseneck shell the next time around. I know that makes no sense at all (likely a time- and money-pit leading to divorce), but it's hard to get excited about buying any mass-produced RV at this point. Even Airstream is suffering from a lack of quality (based on reading their forum) due to increased production volumes and poor engineering of the newer units.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Even Airstream is suffering from a lack of quality (based on reading their forum) due to increased production volumes and poor engineering of the newer units.
    Our last camper was a Livin Lite Camplite. It was all aluminum,roof and all. The year after we bought ours Thor bought out Livin Lite. First year Thor did away with aluminum cabinets. and year after they did away with aluminum roofs and went T P O. Airtstream roofs went T P O also thanks to Thor . Airstream is no longer at all what it was. In the end there will be only 3 or 4 big players in the RV industries. Thor and Winnie are 2 of them. You think QC was bad before just wait. Like the commercial says, " BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE Will sell you this leaky roof today and throw in a free none working fridge if you order now" Salesman are standing by.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Has anyone dug into pricing from the folks at RVRoofInstall?
    expect to pay about $300 per foot length of trailer, but a deposit is needed before they will put you on the schedule. currently scheduling
    for after the first of the year.
    My thought is that is probably a great job. But does it add extra value to your unit? Maybe depends on how long you expect to keep it.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    expect to pay about $300 per foot length of trailer, but a deposit is needed before they will put you on the schedule. currently scheduling
    for after the first of the year.
    My thought is that is probably a great job. But does it add extra value to your unit? Maybe depends on how long you expect to keep it.
    That’s considerably more expensive then the prices I’ve seen from others that have had their’s redone from RVRoof.com. And I think RVRoof is a better material and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    That’s considerably more expensive then the prices I’ve seen from others that have had their’s redone from RVRoof.com. And I think RVRoof is a better material and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    Better than 60 mil commercial grade roof? That is three times thicker than the rv crap they put on production units like GD. I’ll stick with the 60 mil stuff if I ever had to do it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To each their own. But if I can get a lifetime warranty and spend $5 grand less in the process, then that's what I'll do.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast