User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    That’s considerably more expensive then the prices I’ve seen from others that have had their’s redone from RVRoof.com. And I think RVRoof is a better material and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    Would you mind sharing pricing info from RVRoof.com?

Edit: I just want to RVRoof's website and requested a quote; I will update when I hear back.
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-03-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched this video earlier this week and was floored. The shop doing the repair did an amazing job. So the bigger question to GD is - why can't you build it that way? The transcend is a newer line - is it because GD is new to stick-and-tin vs aluminium & fiberglass ? even if that is the case - the mechanics and materials used were both sub-par. as someone who is looking to purchase my first RV, this makes me VERY nervous about buying from GD. I'm sure all brands have their flaws but if the bones (basic design) are flawed then how can it possibly end up being a reliable unit ? I sure hope someone at GD has some answer for that video.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received a response from one of the authorized dealers for RVroof.com that I will share here. This is in response to my request for a quote to do my ~42' Solitude:

Thank you for your email. The estimated cost to apply our sprayed roof system to your RV would be $7,140 plus tax. This price includes the replacement of all vent pipes and lids, refrigerator base and lid, standard vent lids, camco vent covers and new A/C gaskets when we reinstall your A/Cs...
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-09-2019 at 11:57 AM.
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I received a response from one of the authorized dealers for RVroof.com that I will share here. This is in response to my request for a quote to do my ~42' Solitude:

Thank you for your email. The estimated cost to apply our sprayed roof system to your RV would be $7,140 plus tax. This price includes the replacement of all vent pipes and lids, refrigerator base and lid, standard vent lids, camco vent covers and new A/C gaskets when we reinstall your A/Cs...
    Wow, lot of money to spray over your old membrane inmho. What if the glue lets go under your old membrane? For that cabbage, I would ask these guys too: https://www.rvroofinstall.com/?gclid...SAAEgL3RvD_BwE

They use TPO that is commercial grade (60 mil. vs 20 mil rv stuff) and seem to do good work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Half Ton View Post
    Wow, lot of money to spray over your old membrane inmho. What if the glue lets go under your old membrane? For that cabbage, I would ask these guys too: https://www.rvroofinstall.com/?gclid...SAAEgL3RvD_BwE

They use TPO that is commercial grade (60 mil. vs 20 mil rv stuff) and seem to do good work.
    there the ones in GA that are about $300/foot
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think they spray roofs, they roll out TPO?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To clarify, the RVRoofInstall folks roll out a roof and someone shared an estimate of $300/foot to get a replacement.

For a price comparison, I got a quote from the RVRoof folks (they have a spray on product), and got a quote of $170/foot.

Not saying which is better, just giving folks an understanding of options. In my case, (42 feet) this is $7,100 versus $12,600.
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345