User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheesh, after seeing that it makes me want to send my rig down to those guys and have them re-do the roof. And I don't have anything wrong with my roof, , yet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyeeMan View Post
    Sheesh, after seeing that it makes me want to send my rig down to those guys and have them re-do the roof. And I don't have anything wrong with my roof, , yet.
    Yeah, I don't know how much they get for a job like that, but I would guess maybe 7K? No idea. If I could find a decent used (bought right$$!) coach that needed a roof, I would hook it up and run there pronto. They seem to put on a better roof than ANY RV maker that I have seen so far. The use of the 60mil commercial product vs the rv industry 20mil is telling. How much more would it be to make a true kick butt roof? Why can't a single RV manufacture stand out from the crowd like this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is who I would pick to redo my roof if it was necessary. Has anyone emailed them to get a quote per foot and time it takes to do the job? I bet they are
    pretty backed up with work. they are near Chattanooga, and it would be easy to spend a week there seeing all the sights!
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Half Ton View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how much they get for a job like that, but I would guess maybe 7K? No idea. If I could find a decent used (bought right$$!) coach that needed a roof, I would hook it up and run there pronto. They seem to put on a better roof than ANY RV maker that I have seen so far. The use of the 60mil commercial product vs the rv industry 20mil is telling. How much more would it be to make a true kick butt roof? Why can't a single RV manufacture stand out from the crowd like this?
    There is one, Airstream - 23" trailer starts at about $90k. I know that there is very little about these units that could not be improved with a lot more money a lot of extra weight. NONE of them are perfect, but the vast majority are great. We all hear about the problems and my unit has had some, but i realized at the price point that I set, this was the best that I could get. JMHO
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The counter flashing and boots for the ladder, antenna, a/c were very nicely done. Too bad this isnt standard.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    There is one, Airstream - 23" trailer starts at about $90k. I know that there is very little about these units that could not be improved with a lot more money a lot of extra weight. NONE of them are perfect, but the vast majority are great. We all hear about the problems and my unit has had some, but i realized at the price point that I set, this was the best that I could get. JMHO
    But yet to find an airstream with a slideout!
    I did find a falcon 20 that was being totaled (business jet). How cool that would be to put on a trailer.... nah.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But yet to find an airstream with a slideout!
    I did find a falcon 20 that was being totaled (business jet). How cool that would be to put on a trailer.... nah.
    My 2018 2250RK never went back to dealer for repairs. That's not to say there were no problems but GD sent me parts and I did repairs. I could repair in far less time than it would have taken to carry it in to dealer and leave it for weeks to have them do repairs. Installed new fireplace, water pump, stereo, etc. Had several furnace ductwork issues that should have been caught in their advertised final inspection. The good thing I have to say about GD is they sent parts out very quickly.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've known from my past campers that they do not build them well at all. I also know I never had any really bad issues with any. Call it luck I guess. Maybe it's , I'm reading to much about all the bad things that have happened with Grand Design owners. Can you say a tad paranoid?

I went up on my roof today and looked closer at the work. I can tell there is crap under the roof coating everywhere . The dicor or whatever it is on the seams has been laid down poorly also. There are huge gaps in several places. Like a whole in it . They just put it down poorly. Most of the roof is not sooth or evenly laid down at all.
    Now having watched this video I'm starting to think Grand Design was really a poor company to have bought from. So far I have been lucky , but I have a feeling it won't last . I'm seeing to many issues from others and it does worry me. I got to hand it to GD. They did a great marketing job. To bad they haven't built their campers that well. Now I can only keep a closer eye on things and hope to catch issues before the warranty runs out.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 09-16-2019 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo, spelling
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad I didn't buy a Transcend. lol. I'm hoping that camper was just a Friday build.

My Imagine has been mostly trouble free. (fingers crossed)
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video about got me motion sick, I had to look away a few times and I don't get sick out on a boat !
    The roof and some of the work was less than stellar for sure, but don't loose sight of how he kept saying it is not just GD that builds this way it''s the whole darn RV industry. So in the end , the things he pointed out happen with any manufacturer. At least most of the time GD stands up and fixes it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast