Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galley slide roof bowing downwards...standing water after storm

​Hi All,
    Just got back from a long trip to Smokey Mtns, and on last night it rained a LOT !!
    So, I got up on top to sweep off slide roofs in case of debris and found 1/4 to 3/8 standing water puddling in the center of slide roof.
    It extends about 3 feet each way from center of slide.

This means the slide roof has a downward bow of at least that much from end to end.
    I haven't taken any pics yet, but as soon as I figure out how to secure a string from
    end to end to accurately measure the middle bowing, I will post them.

I haven't seen any leaks yet...but now I'm concerned.
    I'll have to look below at the slide floor to verify if there is any bowing with that as well !!
    The slide retracts and extends fine and the bowed roof only seems to be at the slide's outer wall.
    The interior fascia appears straight and the center positioned pantry and surrounding cabinetry have no gaps indicating any "movement".
    Could it have been built this way ??
    Don't remember ever seeing this before and especially concerned that standing water WILL eventually leak !!

Guess I should get these photos taken and forward to GD for an appraisal of the situation ??
    The unit is a 2017 307 MKS and I welcome any ideas or advice.
    That's what were all here for, huh ??

Thanks in advance....

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, We haven't had any bowing like you describe on our slides. I think only those of us without slide covers would notice anything like that.

I'd take pics with and without the standing water at a few different views and contact GD service attaching the pics (who will likely say take it to your dealer)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/