Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roof

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof

I am sure this has been asked before. I need to replace my roof. The dealer I am working with suggested PVC instead of EPDM. Does anyone have any experience with PVC? Any recommendations of one over the other? Sorry if this is a repeated question, I just cant find and references here. Thank you.
    Jerry & Barbara
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7 Short bed SRW 4X4

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    I am sure this has been asked before. I need to replace my roof. The dealer I am working with suggested PVC instead of EPDM. Does anyone have any experience with PVC? Any recommendations of one over the other? Sorry if this is a repeated question, I just cant find and references here. Thank you.
    Grand Design has moved away from EPDM and now uses TPO. They do not use PVC. Maybe they have good practical reasons for these decisions, or maybe they're just saving money.

That's all I know about the subject, but you might try talking to them. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    Pretty sure your 2017 came with TPO. I've looked at PVC and TPO and can't find any big advantages of one over the other. Each seems to be a good product when installed correctly. I had a TPO foof on a 2007 Jayco for ten years and had no trouble with it at all. I think either one applied properly would make a good roof.

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. I think I am going to try the PVC. I have received opinions that it might be a little more durable, as well as a little smoother (snag resistant) for the occasional low hanging branch at a campsite.
    Jerry & Barbara
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7 Short bed SRW 4X4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get 60 mil commercial grade instead ot the 20 mil the rv industry uses.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Escapees/full-timers crowd, RV FlexArmor is very popular. It's a sprayed-on product that is very tough, ends up one-piece (think sprayed-in bed liner in your truck), and doesn't have to be sealed/re-sealed.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015