User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave I'm just curious about your pin weight. Do you have a washer/dryer? We've never weighed our rig but I'm thinking maybe we should. I try to keep our master closet on the empty side for traveling. And we don't really put anything in the under bed storage. And we don't have a washer/dryer. Or bedroom AC.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kansan View Post
    Dave I'm just curious about your pin weight. Do you have a washer/dryer?
    No washer/dryer or bedroom A/C...we were loaded up for a 8 week trip though.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, everyone. I'm starting to second-guess myself, though, after hearing the pin weights folks are measuring. With only 2,480# left for GVWR (payload - despite having 16,980 GCVWR left for the whole rig), I'm thinking the 337 is going to be too much on the pin for my truck. Perhaps it's time to start looking at the 303 again...

Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of our pin weight (whatever it may be), we have been very pleased with our 2013 F250 6.7 Super Duty diesel and 337 Reflection combo. Pulled it on a long trip to camp from Kansas to Colorado and had no problems whatsoever. For future trips we'll probably just try to minimize the weight in our master closet and basement storage area, maybe rearrange stuff a bit like Dave and Monica recommended. I did notice that our trailer pulls much easier when we don't have that closet loaded to the max with clothes, etc.

We considered the 303, and really liked the looks of it, but the larger shower, and bed slide with windows in the 337 won us over. No regrets. The new Reflection 317 looks nice too although I don't think the weights are that much different than the 337.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will second your comments Happy Kansans, we just returned from our first long distance trip to Austin and Houston from Iowa and were very happy with our 337 and 2013 F250 6.7 diesel combo also. We also looked at the 303 as I was concerned about the 337 pin weight. We haven't regretted our decision once, we love our 337. Being 6'4", the larger bedroom, shower and closet have been very nice. It seems to pull just fine loaded or unloaded. I will try to move more weight off of the pin on future trips to optimize safety and handling based on other comments. All things considered though, we are very happy with our f250 and 337.
    Mike

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weght is one of the main reasons we first looked at Reflection 337. As our truck is getting older, I do not want to have to buy another one ton diesel dually. It can be towed by a 250. And in our case, seriously considering a gas truck. Our 7.3 (supposed to be the good one!) at 219,000 miles had to have $8,000 worth of work. We bought it new, changed oil every 3,000 miles (not 5,000 like owners manual says) and meticuously maintained everything else. Expected 3-400,000 miles before major work. Repair $ plus initial extra $7,000 for diesel engine, not to mention diesel fuel costing more than gas since 2002 when we bought truck, and oil changes costing way more than gas engine, has us seriously doubting the disel engine is worth all the extra costs. Might have to drive slower when we go to the mountains twice a year, but we are on vacation! Any input or experience towing 337 with gas truck welcome.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull our 2014 337 with a 2011 F250, Crew Cab, 4x4, gas engine, short bed, w/slider hitch, and air bags and it does OK. There are times I wish I had a diesel for the better mpg, but I can buy a lot of gas for the price per gallon difference. I would not be without the slider hitch. I find myself in tight spots both turning at gas stations and backing into sites quite often. I have never weighed the rig. I never tow with a load of fresh water and try to limit heavy stuff in the bedroom and basement storage. I doubt I'll ever take this rig over the Rockies, but it does OK through the mountains of western MD, VA, WV, and TN.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tow a 337 with what's listed in my signature. The V10 isn't bad as it makes peak torque at 3200 rpm as opposed to 4000+ of current V8's. Towing fuel mileage is 8 - 8.5 mpg...12-14 non-towing. We're maybe a little heavier than some at 12800# loaded but the V10 handles it adequately. Would like the diesel exhaust brake for those long, downhill grades.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott and Jan, where do you get the US map? Thanks
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar