I posted several months ago asking questions about the 303, 6-1/2' truck beds and slider hitches. Things have progressed to the point where we are ready to sell the house and go full-time sometime within the next year. We already have a 2013 Sierra 2500HD 2WD SRW with the Duramax/Allison drive-train (and only 10,000 miles on it at this time). We can't really afford or justify selling or trading up to a 3500 or 4500 series truck. We still want to stick with a Grand Design units and have our sights set now on the 337RLS for the extra space and amenities for full-timing. We've had the truck on the CAT scales, have done the weight math, and - if we're careful - can stay safely within the remaining load limits for the truck and rear axle. (We'll never get anywhere close to the max GCVWR for the truck due to limitations on pin weight.)

The questions I want to ask today are these:

1) I measured a 337RLS today and, sitting fairly level, the distance from the ground to the load-bearing surface on the pin box (in its highest position) is only 44". I checked and the axles are already under the springs, too. If anyone has this combination, were you able to able to get the trailer level when on the hitch?

2) The second question is somewhat related to the first. Most slider hitches (including the Pull-Rite) add 3"-4" to the minimum height of the hitch plate from the bed. For this reason, I would rather go with a non-slider hitch in order to have a wider range of height adjustment do deal with #1 (above). I've not clamped 1x2s together to simulate the pin and front of the trailer, but talking with my dealer leads me to believe that, with a 6-1/2 foot bed, the extended pin box and curved/indented front cap on the Reflection, I wouldn't need a slider hitch for anything except an extreme jack-knife situation (and I'm NOT a former big-rig driver who might try something like that!). Is anyone pulling a Reflection (they all seem to have the same pin box and front cap) with a 6-1/2 foot bed without a slider? If so, how's that working for you?

If anyone owns a 337RLS and would like to chime in on its suitability for full-timing, what you do/don't like, or other experiences you've had, I'd like to hear about that, too.

Thanks in advance,

Rob