User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question LionsHead tire lines have a weird Colorado connection

I just now went to the LionsHead web site to pull some tire specs for WestLake tires for a FB discussion. I had an epiphany when I stumbled across the other tire lines in their portfolio. It seems this company, owned by a Chinese manufacturer, has tire lines with an unlikely connection to my home state of Colorado.

LionsHead Specialty Tire and Wheel LLC is apparently named after Lionshead Village in Vail. Their WestLake tire line is named after West Lake in the beautiful Red Feather Lakes district where we like to camp.

LionsHead has other lines besides WestLake: Ridgway is named after the town by the same name, known as the gateway to the San Juan mountains and yes, we've camped there too. CastleRock is of course named after the monument and town by the same name, located south of Denver. Their Vail Sport ST line is also pretty obvious. Only their Constancy line seems unrelated to Colorado.

P.S. I still don't like their tires but that's for another thread.

http://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/ST-Tires
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ski resorts of Colorado have people come in from all over the world.

I don't care what the names are linked to. I dumped my WestLakes on Day 1 of owning my Reflection fifth wheel and never want to see them again. My Bridgestone Duravis R250's are simply far superior tires.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting post, Steve.......thanks, for sharing. Learning more about this may yield even more history and connections.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide