Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 395m

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool 395m

I'm reaching out to current or former 395M owners. I would love to hear comments or reviews pertaining to this model, the good, the bad, the indifferent. We've decided that this floor plan suits our needs the best, we can be swayed to change though. We will be full time upon my second retirement, (less than a year !!! Yay !!) she will continue to work, allbeit, via internet, remote work. We will most likely have our current "toy", an 800 Polaris Ranger, two smallish to mid size dogs and that damn cat, LOL, JK, he's cool. I currently own an F350, 6.7, DRW, Platinum with some xtra mods (towing our current "fiver") so towing is not an issue.

She will need an "office" for her remote work, hence the toy hauler config, plan to use the rear for office space. I need space where I'm not interfering with her work. I also plan on doing some work camping if the opportunity presents itself. We also plan on hosting family and friends so I need the extra sleeping space.

Read a lot of comments, seems that GD has very good customer service/relations with owners, quality is as good or maybe a bit better than average ? Fit and finish on par or better than industry "standards" ?

Would love to hear from you. Hate it, Love it, Bleh it...

Thanks in advance, cheers !

Rich

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2019 394m, essentially the same as a 395m without the half bath.

Overall very satisfied with our purchase and have had only a few minor issue, all handled by dealership.

PM me and I’d be happy to chat about the unit in greater detail.

///chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 395M. Went in to purchase the 376TH, but decided on the 395 due to the rear entry door. I set up a ramp for our two Basset Hounds and it would have been difficult for us and them to use just the one front door. I do not regret making the change. It's had it's share of minor issues, most of which I have handled due to the proximity to the dealer. The convertor was DOA the day we bought it. Had no idea until our break in trip that weekend (4 days later). I diagnosed and replaced after calling GD (they sent a new one directly to me). Had a landing gear hydraulic cylinder blow a seal and start leaking about 6 months ago. Had a local shop fix that for me. Currently, the bedroom slide is non functioning (schwintek) and it is going to the dealer Oct. 1st for that repair. One side stripped when the rubber gasket got bound and the other quit working due to imbalance I guess. Had to pull the motors to get slide in this past Sunday to come home from trip. Would we buy it again??? Absolutely
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    We have a 2017 395M. Went in to purchase the 376TH, but decided on the 395 due to the rear entry door. I set up a ramp for our two Basset Hounds and it would have been difficult for us and them to use just the one front door. I do not regret making the change. It's had it's share of minor issues, most of which I have handled due to the proximity to the dealer. The convertor was DOA the day we bought it. Had no idea until our break in trip that weekend (4 days later). I diagnosed and replaced after calling GD (they sent a new one directly to me). Had a landing gear hydraulic cylinder blow a seal and start leaking about 6 months ago. Had a local shop fix that for me. Currently, the bedroom slide is non functioning (schwintek) and it is going to the dealer Oct. 1st for that repair. One side stripped when the rubber gasket got bound and the other quit working due to imbalance I guess. Had to pull the motors to get slide in this past Sunday to come home from trip. Would we buy it again??? Absolutely
    Thank you for the reply, important feedback to me. Sounds like GD has either fixed or replaced without alot of hassle ? See you down by Houma, I used to fish out of Lafitte and Dulac...good reds and trout !

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had nothing but very positive interactions with GD. No hassles with anything I needed. Always able to get a real live person on the phone to answer any questions. Of course, like all, we have had minor issues, but we are dragging a house down the wonderful Louisiana highways (insert sarcasm). Fishing is still great down here. I don't go, but do reap the benefits from my co-workers that do go out every weekend and bring me fresh fish. Been known to stink up a campground or two with a fish fry or crawfish boil.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I have had nothing but very positive interactions with GD. No hassles with anything I needed. Always able to get a real live person on the phone to answer any questions. Of course, like all, we have had minor issues, but we are dragging a house down the wonderful Louisiana highways (insert sarcasm). Fishing is still great down here. I don't go, but do reap the benefits from my co-workers that do go out every weekend and bring me fresh fish. Been known to stink up a campground or two with a fish fry or crawfish boil.
    Sarcasm duly noted ! Ditto on fish fry or bug boil, laissez les bon temps rouler !! Again, thanks much for the feedback. I've called one time and was connected to a live person, he sent a blueprint via email within minutes, impressed !

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy with the 395m. We full time.

We had issues with plumbing when we first got the unit. I ripped out the panel and plumbed Pex.

We had to ratchet down an air because of seepage, easy fix.

I meticulously converted rust on the suspension and sprayed over it. Same with screw heads on the exterior, they use cheap crap and it was important to get that stuff converted and painted so it didn't rust out over time.

One air went out, replaced under warranty, no gas left so manufacture defect.

We swapped the fridge for residential. The Norcold is a pig energy wise and doesn't work well in hot / humid areas.

Swapped the TV in the living room to OLED.

Otherwise no other issues.

Overall I really like the unit. We are in the sweet spot right now because I have it just like I want it. We just lubed the hubs and I'm about to change the oil on the generator. I really like having the fuel in the back of the RV and not having to mess with it for 4 or 5 days of continuous, hard use.

The outside storage is probably the biggest downside, it sucks. However the interior storage is crazy. We have plenty of space and there are things you can do like add doors to the bunk area up above the living room TV for easier access. We didn't get any of the happy jack crap and my daughter's bedroom is back there with the residential washer and 120v dryer. Everything works great.

We love having the second bathroom. There are three of us so that one time when 2 people need to go, it pays dividends. I wish it was plumbed a bit differently but the tank is so far back it would be hard to do that. I'm probably going to eventually extend the dump pipe back there for the rear tanks and tee it into one dump port because it can be an issue at some camp sites depending on where the RV sits and sewer location.

We love the living room setup. The L shaped sofa is small though and I think an arm rest on the recliner there would really make a big difference. There is plenty of space for one. We will most likely swap that sofa for something else at some point, maybe two recliners or something just a bit more comfortable. It is a little tight. We liked it at first and it isn't bad, but after using it a big its just ok. Hasn't ground my gears enough to swap it but getting there.

We love the kitchen. I added a dish washer which is awesome to have.

We removed the sliding shower door and replaced it with a curtain. Makes the small bathroom feel bigger and gives you more elbow room in the shower.

Master bedroom sucks. You eat and bed stuff in there so not a huge deal and it is functional. It is just small. The storage under the bed is clutch, the wardrobe and drawers are enough storage for us but the room is tight. It works though.

Closed up, the living area is useless. We can access the fridge because we changed to residential and the top of the fridge now clears the counter. The rest of the coach. You can access the bathroom and master which is fine but like most of the modern fifth wheel floor plans access is pretty restricted.

If I had to buy another unit, I'd almost certainly go back to the same floor plan.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Very happy with the 395m. We full time.

We had issues with plumbing when we first got the unit. I ripped out the panel and plumbed Pex.

We had to ratchet down an air because of seepage, easy fix.

I meticulously converted rust on the suspension and sprayed over it. Same with screw heads on the exterior, they use cheap crap and it was important to get that stuff converted and painted so it didn't rust out over time.

One air went out, replaced under warranty, no gas left so manufacture defect.

We swapped the fridge for residential. The Norcold is a pig energy wise and doesn't work well in hot / humid areas.

Swapped the TV in the living room to OLED.

Otherwise no other issues.

Overall I really like the unit. We are in the sweet spot right now because I have it just like I want it. We just lubed the hubs and I'm about to change the oil on the generator. I really like having the fuel in the back of the RV and not having to mess with it for 4 or 5 days of continuous, hard use.

The outside storage is probably the biggest downside, it sucks. However the interior storage is crazy. We have plenty of space and there are things you can do like add doors to the bunk area up above the living room TV for easier access. We didn't get any of the happy jack crap and my daughter's bedroom is back there with the residential washer and 120v dryer. Everything works great.

We love having the second bathroom. There are three of us so that one time when 2 people need to go, it pays dividends. I wish it was plumbed a bit differently but the tank is so far back it would be hard to do that. I'm probably going to eventually extend the dump pipe back there for the rear tanks and tee it into one dump port because it can be an issue at some camp sites depending on where the RV sits and sewer location.

We love the living room setup. The L shaped sofa is small though and I think an arm rest on the recliner there would really make a big difference. There is plenty of space for one. We will most likely swap that sofa for something else at some point, maybe two recliners or something just a bit more comfortable. It is a little tight. We liked it at first and it isn't bad, but after using it a big its just ok. Hasn't ground my gears enough to swap it but getting there.

We love the kitchen. I added a dish washer which is awesome to have.

We removed the sliding shower door and replaced it with a curtain. Makes the small bathroom feel bigger and gives you more elbow room in the shower.

Master bedroom sucks. You eat and bed stuff in there so not a huge deal and it is functional. It is just small. The storage under the bed is clutch, the wardrobe and drawers are enough storage for us but the room is tight. It works though.

Closed up, the living area is useless. We can access the fridge because we changed to residential and the top of the fridge now clears the counter. The rest of the coach. You can access the bathroom and master which is fine but like most of the modern fifth wheel floor plans access is pretty restricted.

If I had to buy another unit, I'd almost certainly go back to the same floor plan.
    Thank you for the feed back, you answered a bunch of questions ! when you say you had to rachet down the air, do you mean an air conditioner unit ? Did you get a super sofa or the love seat / dining table set up ?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    Thank you for the feed back, you answered a bunch of questions ! when you say you had to rachet down the air, do you mean an air conditioner unit ? Did you get a super sofa or the love seat / dining table set up ?
    Air conditioner.

Love seat, dinette.

Super sofa doesn't appeal to us based on our use or aesthetics.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Air conditioner.

Love seat, dinette.

Super sofa doesn't appeal to us based on our use or aesthetics.
    thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast