User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Airexcel / Coleman Mach one fan speed

Ok, I'm in the Smokey Mtns now and it's been quite warm and muggy so I run the A/C to cool off in the afternoons and evenings. Running through the program on the Airexcel thermostat I've been using cool low setting. Just trying things out I notice there seems to be no difference when using cool hi, the fan runs the same speed, at least by the sound. Shouldn't these settings vary the fan speed with the compressor coming on with demand?
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that when using the ac the fan setting should be set to auto. This allows the fan to go on and off with the compressor instead of running continuously.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out, You have to be real attentive to distinguish fan speed. I toggled my thermostat to fan lo and let it run a few minutes so I could get used to the sound. then switched to high. Like I said you need to be attentive to hear the difference in fan speed. Just to be sure I followed through a few more times and I was able to distinguish fan speeds. This cooling unit while being much better than the one in my old TT still roars with the sound of the fan and the air flow.
    Since I was on the roof to clean leaves I took a look at the A /C unit too. Most of the noise comes from the condenser fan running. Why that fan is on too is beyond me as the compressor is out of the loop in FAN Hi / Lo. I would think this should only be to recirculate air inside the cabin.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 09-14-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I believe that when using the ac the fan setting should be set to auto. This allows the fan to go on and off with the compressor instead of running continuously.
    The compressor is controlled by the temperature and comes on as needed, I can hear (and feel) that. It doesn't run all the time.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my SOB A/C unit the compressor fan and the squirrel cage blower that circulates the air inside the trailer are on a common shaft so run at the same time no matter the t-stat setting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set mine on Cool High Auto and leave it there then adjust the temp setting as necessary. This works very effectively for me, here in Florida or elsewhere.
    You can run in fan only mode by using the setting options in the same manner as a residential AC.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload