User Tag List

Thread: Lighting Oven

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lighting Oven

I am almost getting to old to be on my knees this long. I have not timed it but it seems it takes sometimes 1 to 2 minutes for the oven to ignite. I'm worried that my igniter will go out sparking for that long waiting on the gas to come out. I have turned on the stove top burners to see if that would help but it has not. Everything else ignites rather quickly. Water heater, fridge and stove top. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke SRW Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which stove/oven do you have (Atwood or Furrion)? We have the older Atwood without spark ignition for the oven... takes me less than 30 seconds to get the pilot light lit. We do have a cushioned kitchen mat between the island and the stove that makes it easier on my knees, though. Do you need to read through the manual and make sure you're doing everything per the SOP?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion Rob. No, I haven't read the book. I guess if all else fails I could do that or get a cushion. Ha ha!
    It takes longer than 30 seconds for sure.
    Thanks Rob
    2018 Refection 303 RLS
    2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.7 Powerstroke SRW Long bed
    2011 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra
    Brenham, Tx

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewalker103 View Post
    I am almost getting to old to be on my knees this long. I have not timed it but it seems it takes sometimes 1 to 2 minutes for the oven to ignite. I'm worried that my igniter will go out sparking for that long waiting on the gas to come out. I have turned on the stove top burners to see if that would help but it has not. Everything else ignites rather quickly. Water heater, fridge and stove top. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Michael
    I have the Furrion oven and it takes a fair amount of time to light the first time I use it. It could take several minutes or so but I stop trying after about 5 seconds and wait a bit before I try again. Once lit, lighting the oven the next time occurs much faster.
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wait ??
    Just bc it has electronic ignition doesn't prevent you from using good 'ol trusty long neck Bic.
    One click and done !!!

Michael [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our 311BHS last week and at delivery, dealer said it takes a long time to light. He said just be patient and it will light. I tried it once at campground, and yeah, took so long, I was like you and thought it would burn out the ignition. I stopped after about 15 seconds and scratched my head. Lol. Did it again for a few seconds and could see it trying to light. Then, pilot lit.. just takes some time and must be how it's designed. A lighter would not speed it up as I think the gas is just slow to get there. Furrion unit in ours.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2013 Chevy 3500 SRW with airlift bags.
    B&W companion slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just used this group to figure out how to light oven and it took about 5 seconds with grill lighter - worked like a charm