User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st Cav Duke - see you are from Salado, any chance you know Mickey Rawls? He is a standard poodle guy, but otherwise is just fine and makes a fantastic coffee rub. He retired from a Toyota dealership I think and was looking at an Airstream.

OP - sorry.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't know him, but there are a few Poodle people here in Salado. Only have lived here for little more than a year. Moved from the Beach in Port Aransas, Tx, where Hurricane Harvey hit. We didn't get much damage, but the town and Condos really got Battered. Decided to count our Blessings and sold our Beach Home and moved to Central Tx. The Aussies really miss the Beach life though. One of our new neighbors that just moved in 4 months, ago has an Airstream. They can't keep it in our neighborhood, HOA restrictions, but they lived in it till their home was completed. When I drive through our village in our Golf Cart, I do meet a lot of people, mostly because I bring one of our Aussies with me. They all want to see my skittish Aussie. It helps to get the kiddo more accepting of strangers. I will keep a lookout for your friend Mickey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love our Aussies, this is the newest batch, 5 and 7 months old (lost our last two to old age a year ago). This is their first trip and they are doing great. Had them crated earlier this evening while we went out and listened to some music and no, they didn't bark. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1571875392210.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	23227

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SteveTN; 10-24-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 3 bichons. We crate trained them from puppies. They love their crates. Safe and secure place. When camping we are able to leave them for as much as 5 hours or so. We close all window coverings so they don’t get a glimpse of things outside. We turn on the TV for noise to cover outside noises. We bought a large cloth and pvc kennel that is light weight and folds up flat and thin when not in use. (I don’t recommend one of these for dogs not crate trained. They will tear it up). Our 3 dogs love to stay in it together. We have asked neighbors if they hear our dogs while away. They always say they didn’t know we had a dog. If you have a puppy and plan tp travel, crate training is essential. Start when they are young.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just depends on how mad she is at me.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Aussiedoodle. I crated him for about a year as a puppy. He now stays alone without any restrictions; however I do close my blinds and leave a radio on. First, I do make sure I exercise him well before I leave. I also look at Dog Daycare options when I travel. He goes to daycare for about 6 hours on days I work (12 hour shift). Fortunately, I have have trained him and he is well behaved so he often gets to with me when I am out sight seeing and there are many dog friendly options for eating out. Make sure you bring shot records when you travel. It’s an option to consider if out for long periods.
    USMC (Retired); Full Time (07/2012)
    2018 Solitude 377 MBS-R
    Morryde ID Susp, 8K Axles, Disk Brakes, Solar System
    2011 Chevy 3500 DRW, B&W Companion Hitch, Titan 60 Gallon Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We crate both our American Bullies all day while we are at work. It can be 9-10 hrs at least some days. They have been crated since they were puppies as we need to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FBCDA1F6-70D9-4E62-8D61-300713EB935D.jpeg   0BDB53AA-2B22-4412-BF48-658D706DA3E4.jpeg  
    2020 Reflection 295RL 150 Series
    2007 Classic Chevrolet 3500 Duramax Ext Cab SRW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123