Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We did it...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    The NRVIA certification program has only been in place for a few years. A person has to go to the school to learn what and how to look for issues, what tools and equipment to buy, etc. etc. then they have to be tested in order to be certified so there are still not many in relation to the population of this country. Places that have high RV occupancy (Florida, Texas, Ariz., Southern California) will have more inspectors than someplace like the northeast where they do not RV year around. However, more and more full time RVers (like myself) are getting certified and traveling around the country. The web site has the option of the inspectors updating their location so while you may only have one within 100 miles (that's close!), next week you may not have one within 200 miles.

When you talk to that guy/woman, ask them if they can send you a sample 5th wheel inspection and you will be impressed with just how through it is.
    It all makes sense then. YOU ARE AN AWESOME DUDE JCZ. I really appreciate the time you've taken here to respond to me with some great advice. The fact that you are level 2 and can speak to it from that perspective is invaluable to me. Maybe someday we'll be parked next to one another and I'll be able to host a bbq for you and your lady.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WhyNot, always here to help when I can.

We are full time RVers (that's why I went to RV Maint. Tech school and took the training to be certified as an RV Inspector.....never wanted my rig to go in the shop ever again!) currently at the Northern California Grand Design Rally in Red Bluff, Ca. Three weeks ago we were at the Grand Design National Rally in Goshen, Indiana and next month we'll be at the Southern California Grand Design Rally so we have stayed busy but I always try to help where I can. After you buy a rig, if you have any questions post up here and somebody will help you or shoot me a message or contact me on one of the Grand Design face book groups...

Keep us posted on your buying experience and your new ownership experience......let us know how it went for you.

JC Mooney
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald Woods, NRVIA Level 2 Inspector is coming down Wednesday to do an inspection for us. Such piece of mind at this point. Not freaking out nearly as much a I was before the crew here on GD forums pointed me in the right direction.

Sounds like those GD Rally's are fun. Once we get our rig we will make a point of coming out to one.

What is the best Grand Design Facebook group? (if you can say without ruffling someones feathers)

WhyNot, always here to help when I can.

We are full time RVers (that's why I went to RV Maint. Tech school and took the training to be certified as an RV Inspector.....never wanted my rig to go in the shop ever again!) currently at the Northern California Grand Design Rally in Red Bluff, Ca. Three weeks ago we were at the Grand Design National Rally in Goshen, Indiana and next month we'll be at the Southern California Grand Design Rally so we have stayed busy but I always try to help where I can. After you buy a rig, if you have any questions post up here and somebody will help you or shoot me a message or contact me on one of the Grand Design face book groups...

Keep us posted on your buying experience and your new ownership experience......let us know how it went for you.

JC Mooney

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    Donald Woods, NRVIA Level 2 Inspector is coming down Wednesday to do an inspection for us. Such piece of mind at this point. Not freaking out nearly as much a I was before the crew here on GD forums pointed me in the right direction.

Sounds like those GD Rally's are fun. Once we get our rig we will make a point of coming out to one.

What is the best Grand Design Facebook group? (if you can say without ruffling someones feathers)
    Sounds great.....keep us posted.

On another note.....the Grand Design Rallies sell out far in advance. If you even think you might want to go to one, best to register as soon as it shows up on the calendar. Then as time gets closer and you realize you can't make it, cancel at that time. Just something to think about.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best suggestion I can give you-- if you do buy the rig, have disk brakes installed.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Best suggestion I can give you-- if you do buy the rig, have disk brakes installed.
    What did that run you?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    What did that run you?
    If you have them do it (Performance Trailer Braking has installers all over the nation) it's $1,200 an axle.

Performance Trailer Braking has installers at nearly every GD rally and then there's a rally discount. They have your brakes installed before the rally is over. Disc brakes are a huge improvement safety wise and peace of mind wise.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have them do it (Performance Trailer Braking has installers all over the nation) it's $1,200 an axle.

Performance Trailer Braking has installers at nearly every GD rally and then there's a rally discount. They have your brakes installed before the rally is over. Disc brakes are a huge improvement safety wise and peace of mind wise.
    I can see I'm going to have to start another savings account for upgrades. Another one planned is the LED lights up the back and sides.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My disk break install was a bit more then normal because I had them install wet bolts and upgraded pieces that the wet bolts go through. I think it was about $2,900.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    My disk break install was a bit more then normal because I had them install wet bolts and upgraded pieces that the wet bolts go through. I think it was about $2,900.
    Dick that was for two axle correct? It sounds like you may have went with the heavy duty shackles also? Smart move!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast