Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 300GK rear camera OEM shark fin mount

Curious and just to save some time... I am assuming that the power wire for the original factory installed rear shark fin mount is powered at all times.. Is this a true statement?
    Thank all!
    C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2268.jpg  
    Chuck & Cat
    2015 Ford 250 King Ranch
    2017 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metrofxr View Post
    Curious and just to save some time... I am assuming that the power wire for the original factory installed rear shark fin mount is powered at all times.. Is this a true statement? Thank all! C
    Not necessarily. People have found these mounts powered in different ways, some off marker lights (only powered when trailer lights are on, which is the preference of many), some off circuits that have power as long as the battery lasts, a few have been on fan circuits, and mine wasn't powered at all, looked like the factory installer had broken the connection as he/she stuffed it into the hole.

You won't know for sure until you climb up there.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch