User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabilizer's

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stabilizer's

Well after 3 trips and trying everything I can to stabilize our 2450RL I realize I will need aftermarket stabilizers. We are putting the RV away for the winter in another 2 weeks but will order something over the winter and install in the spring. I just can't imagine spending 6 weeks next spring with our two grandsons age 4 and 7 running around the RV and bouncing the way it does. So what have Imagine owners done to fix this issue.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try BAL stabilizer arms, JT strong arms or steadyfast system to take the bounce out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ken,

A certain amount of “bounce” is just part of any trailer that travels. Unless you set the frame on cement blocks, there is going to be some motion. If you can identify the motion that you find most annoying . . . up/down? fore/aft? left/right? . . . this could help to identify the bracing that would help best.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TTs do bounce, here is what I’ve found can help.
    If using wheel chocks, I set the rear side chocks and then back into the chock, enough to set the chock under the tire so you can’t pull it out. SWMBO sets the front chocks and when the TV and TT roll forward a bit the chocks are under the wheels, locking the fore and aft movement. Set the slide side stabilizers. Then the curb side stabilizers, To be effective, the BAL jacks should be extended as little as possible. Put them on support levellers or boards or whatever, After a day or so, check the BAL jack tension. The answer is something like the strong arm system, that does stop the motion as it is braced, locked, in two directions.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Ken,

A certain amount of “bounce” is just part of any trailer that travels. Unless you set the frame on cement blocks, there is going to be some motion. If you can identify the motion that you find most annoying . . . up/down? fore/aft? left/right? . . . this could help to identify the bracing that would help best.

Rob
    It's when someone is walking (obviously) and I think its front to back. I will try what is suggested above about backing into the wheel chocks and have pressure on it and the tire.
    I did see the Strongarm stabilizers was not sure if mounting them on an Imagine meant cutting the under belly. I really don't want to do that.

Ken

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    It's when someone is walking (obviously) and I think its front to back. I will try what is suggested above about backing into the wheel chocks and have pressure on it and the tire.
    I did see the Strongarm stabilizers was not sure if mounting them on an Imagine meant cutting the under belly. I really don't want to do that.

Ken
    Hi Ken,

I use "one step" chocks which are wedged between the tires and accomplish a similar action to what is described by Skiddy. See post 6 and the rest of this discussion. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...question/page3

Some use "X Chocks" between the tires to control front to back motion and I tried these but did not find that they added anything to the one step chocks already in place. I also considered Strongarm stabilizers but they are heavy and require sizeable holes in the lower flanges of the main frame I beams. I didn't like either of these things so have not installed these.

Using blocking to keep the stabilizer jack extension short is definitely good advice. We do use slide support struts (although there is much advice against using these) lightly snugged up under the the settee slide to control side-to-side motion and a pin tripod under the 5th wheel hitch.

All of this doesn't make much difference when the two border collies are chasing the cat around the trailer .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using the Beach Lane levelers and X Chocks along with DIY Strongarms diagonally on the front and rear. IMO the Beach Lanes or Andersens are the best way to mitigate front to back movement.
    Only problem is when the site is level and I don't need them, then I'm solely relying on the X chocks and maybe the yellow wedge chocks for extra help.

If you go with JT's or the like then that would give you the added front to back help. As far as cutting into the under cover, it's not that big of a deal IMO. Just make a clean cut and use some black foam sealant to fill in any gaps.

As a side note I'm also using a Level Mate Pro for leveling up along with the B-lanes. . Gotta say wish I'd got one sooner. Makes leveling a breeze. Coolest part is the Save Hitch Height recall part. Once unhooked and ready to pull away just hit the save hitch Icon. Then when re-hitching hit the recall hitch Icon. You can then bring the coupler back to the perfect height for re-hitching.
    I mounted the sensor portion in the passengers side front compartment. When the wife gets out to help back in she can flip the sensor on and I can connect my phone at the same time.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DW hated the movement in our 2670MK. We installed Steadyfast stabilizers. 90% better at least. I just did a writeup in the Mods & DIY area: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Imagine-2670MK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the steady fast - works very well
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had good results using X Chocks between the tires.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast