User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filling the fuel tank...

So I stopped on the way home at the local Costco to fill the fuel tank on my 320G and couldn't get more than 1/2 a tank filled before I was getting backflow and splashing, even just trickling the flow from the pump...just like when I try and top off the tank on my truck. Anyone have this issue or have a trick to fill the tank? The throat of the tank is almost horizontal..seems like a odd design if your trying to fill at a standard gas pump. Any help appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same issue w/Fuel Tank Filling

I am a new 349M owner and one of the first things I experienced was the fuel "blow back" issue. I see no responses here, did you obtain a resolution/fix on this form GD or elsewhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty57 View Post
    I am a new 349M owner and one of the first things I experienced was the fuel "blow back" issue. I see no responses here, did you obtain a resolution/fix on this form GD or elsewhere?
    I picked up a funnel on Amazon here -->https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works ok, but still have to be mindful of a full flow of a pump backing up in the body of the funnel. So, yes it works better than without, but still a pain in the neck.

Also, it looks like they're out of that funnel right now, however, you can at least see the form factor I'm using to mitigate the blowback.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had this issue when I first filled the aux tank. The generator tank filled fine. The second time I tried to fill it, I made the effort to fill it slowly and I had no issue after that. I don't know if that will help you or not but when it first happened to me I thought I had a blockage or some other issue. When I scoped the tank it looked fine, second attempt to slowly fill was successful. YMMV
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one of those annoying things in life that I just live around. I fill slowly.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750