Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mark Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Stuck Shower Door

The middle shower door on my 2018 Solitude 310 is stuck and will not extend beyond the inner most shower door. Had to take a shower with the shower doors not completely closed. We went over quite a few bumps and I’m thinking the middle door somehow got jammed. Seems to be catching at the top track where the middle door meets the inner door. Very limited access. I can’t quite figure out how to remove the doors from the top track. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look and see if a screw has backed out a little at the top. It can get past one on another panel and not let the doors slide correctly. They are in a really tough place to tighten. Best I recall there is also a little stop on each upper track. Before I tightened ours at the end of a trip , I could gently flex it enough to slip it back in place. After a few days it would end up jumping over again and binding again.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Virginia View Post
    The middle shower door on my 2018 Solitude 310 is stuck and will not extend beyond the inner most shower door. Had to take a shower with the shower doors not completely closed. We went over quite a few bumps and I’m thinking the middle door somehow got jammed. Seems to be catching at the top track where the middle door meets the inner door. Very limited access. I can’t quite figure out how to remove the doors from the top track. Any suggestions?
    Check out this thread, especially posts #5 and #15: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ht=shower+door
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had the same issue on our 310GK. The screw backs out and won’t let the door close or open. For the fix I had a hard time finding an angled screw driver that was small enough to re-insert the screw and get it tight. I probably have more tools the average guy, but still couldn’t find the correct angle and size.
    I finally got the screw back in with some lock tight and then found some old paint can openers (the type you get from the paint store), used my grinder to make a good edge and it worked perfectly. Getting the screw back in is the hardest part. Just finished a 1000 mile trip and it didn’t come out and shower doors work.

Mark Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for referencing this post. I tried searching for shower door issues, but never saw this post. You must have a special search tool or a great memory

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Virginia View Post
    You must have a special search tool or a great memory
    I had replied to it when we had the same problem and was able to search for shower door posts from me. :-)
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mark Virginia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed it tonight. Took off the top cover/roller track. Both rollers on the middle glass had come loose. Took apart the three pieces of glass and reinstalled the rollers with some locktite as insurance. Opens and closes fine now.

Thanks

Mark