User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude water heater fill

I recently had a grey tank valve replaced and was preparing to head out on a trip. I intalled the plug in the water heater and connected our home water so the city inlet connection. I instantly heard a gurgling noise and once the water heater was full, the water began pouring out of the blue drain pipe in the under belly. It was coming out of the blue pipe with the red valve and it didn't matter whether the valve was open or closed. I plan to contact the RV deler where the repairs were done but I would prefer not to have to drive the 60 miles if I can correct this at home. Any suggestions?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First welcome. You have found a great group of people here. I have learned a lot and try to pass it along.
    If you add a signature with your make, model and year of trailer, people can give you better (more tailored) answers.

The red (and should be a blue valve right next to it) are the low point drains (red is hot water). Used for winterizing and pressure relief. It sounds like the valve is broken. I do not know if they are rebuildable or it is a replacement part. Did it work (not leak) before or is this the first time you have pressurized the system?

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red low point drain

Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    First welcome. You have found a great group of people here. I have learned a lot and try to pass it along.
    If you add a signature with your make, model and year of trailer, people can give you better (more tailored) answers.

The red (and should be a blue valve right next to it) are the low point drains (red is hot water). Used for winterizing and pressure relief. It sounds like the valve is broken. I do not know if they are rebuildable or it is a replacement part. Did it work (not leak) before or is this the first time you have pressurized the system?

Chris
    My trailer is a 2018 Solitude by Grand Design, model ST344GK. I've only experienced this since it was at the dealership to have a stuck grey tank valve repaired. I'm not sure why they were working on the fresh water system unless they had to move something to get to the valve and cable. Functioning the full range of the red valve seems to slow the water down that is coming out. It seems as if the city water inlet is being bypassed to the drain.