User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had command hooks for hanging coats on the last couple campers. Work great and now have a command hook key hanger with 5 hooks as well.

In the bathroom I have added towels bars and a hand towel hanger simply using drywall/hollow wall anchors. They hold a couple damp towels with no issues. Used the same for hanging the TP holder.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a metallic finish fridge, you can add a towel bar using a magnetic curtain rod, intended for use for windows on metal entry doors.
    N
    (Sorry, fixed that-magnetic, and stays put while traveling)
    Last edited by Houndbb; 10-09-2019 at 04:50 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These work well on inside hollow and inside foam filled walls. Takes a bit of doing to get them to pop open in the foam, but they work. Most hardware stores carry them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0031.jpg  
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Something that I just thought to mention is to not mount anything using the 3M (command) to the wood looking trim, it will pull the nice sheet of grain right off. If you want anything there use a small screw,
    Ruh roh. That's where my wife used them all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm. i’ve used MANY a Command product and when removing them by pulling down the white tab s l o w l e y per the instructions, have never experienced a peeling of any backing, not to say that it is impossible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    hmm. i’ve used MANY a Command product and when removing them by pulling down the white tab s l o w l e y per the instructions, have never experienced a peeling of any backing, not to say that it is impossible.
    That’s been my experience as well. The instructions tell you to pull straight down with one hand, slowly, as you mentioned. They also tell you to gently press the hook plate toward the wall at the same time (counter intuitive, I know, but probably ensures the underlying surface remains undisturbed).
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 10-11-2019 at 01:37 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used command strips in our new rig. Working well so far. In other rigs I have used some of the other things mentioned, rivets, hollow wall anchors, glue, 2 sided tape, wood and metal screws. All have held, all have the ability to fail in the right situation, but for something that does not leave holes I now go to the command strips. Guess time will tell if I like them or not but they are simple and certainly seem to do the job. Whatever you use that penetrates the wall remember that the wiring and plumbing in these rigs is just draped through so the potential of hitting either is much greater. If I am suspicious of an area I usually drill a small pilot hole that I can use a wire and fish around the area behind the wall to see if I can feel either one.
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the Command strips safe to use on the cabinetry?
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used command products in my two RV’s for the past two years in what seems to be a zillion different ways and the only negative results i’ve experienced is the occasional times when upon removing under certain circumstances, the paper backing where that were mounted may peel off. other than that, i’m super happy with command products.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    Are the Command strips safe to use on the cabinetry?
    On the real wood center panels - should be OK - maybe, but on the vinyl covered edges and stiles, probably not.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast