User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3350 RL Dealer Stock Only

Well looks like we got our 3350 RL S Class just in time. The GD website has it discontinued and as dealer stock only. Looks like they are keeping the 2930.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They replaced it with another bunk house. Wonder if they plan on another non bunk floorplan at all.
    We came soo close to getting the 3350 but didn't because of a couple things we were settling on that are high on our list of wants.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    They replaced it with another bunk house. Wonder if they plan on another non bunk floorplan at all.
    We came soo close to getting the 3350 but didn't because of a couple things we were settling on that are high on our list of wants.
    Who knows what they have in the works. Maybe catering to the family kid crowd with the bunk house models. I did notice that in the Solitude line there are now only three to choose from under 40 foot. 310, 344, 2930.
    I believe we would have been equally happy with the 2930 all be it a little shorter than the 3350 (3 feet) and the bedroom twisted around. We went with the 3350 because of the cargo capacity, under 40 foot, front closet, and felt we will need the extra storage and capacity for full timing. We also liked the 6 point leveling instead of the 2930 - 4 point. We also went with an S-Class because I do not want hydraulic jacks and slides. Also price, the S-Class was in our price range plus getting some of the Solitude options. If we had to choose now, it would be the 2930 or take a harder look at the Reflection line. No on a 310, I don't want hydraulics.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2015 and 2016 GDRV introduced the "X" series Solitude. Like the "S" class of today, it was a more moderately priced Solitude done by building with frame differences and similar changes to lower costs. Carol and I really liked what we saw but sales were not high enough to continue. I think it is a combination of GDRV having so many similar floor plans that the little savings in price by giving up some items was not justified by the masses.

Could this happen to the "S" class too.........time will tell. The 2930 is a strong seller due to the bed not being in the slide like the top selling 303 Reflection (now #2 as the 337 took over as #1 last year.) The difference between a Solitude 310 MSRP of $90K or so compared with a 2930 or 3350 is not that great. For many when your spending around $60K or so after good discounts, a few thousand difference in cost and considering a dozen or so less costly build features makes the "S" class choice more difficult. Now if the MSRP difference was $15K or so less for the "S" class..........now we're talking. The current pricing difference in MSRP between comparable Solitudes and "S" class units seems to have shrunk to just several thousand dollars based on what I have been seeing.

Like Marcy shared, we too really like the 3350 for many reasons especially the nearly 4400 payload capacity. We also really like the 2930 due to the BR layout like our 303. However, with the pricing being so close to a std. Solitude and considering the dozen or so differences (along with a couple things we would like changed) the choice to go with an "S" class is keeping us on the sideline for now. I suspect many folks are in a similar situation.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree about the hydrolics, not sure Gary does tho. Spending 3/4s of our time in the Trailer with the potential to become full time in the next year or 2 makes storage and cargo capacity a priority and the S class line fits that nicely. So many Solitudes have less than stellar CCC.

IF they only had night stands we'd of already been in the 3350 , just not a fan of those ledges. Even just one (on my side of course ) Also if the offer on our 303 would have been better we'd of likely been in the 3350 last winter. Selling while staying in it is not something I want to do.

But we do prefer the bed to not be in a slide. It's quieter and darker. If we compromise storage for anything that would be it. I am very sensitive to light while trying to sleep so a big window over the bed is out like in the 2930 .
    The 2930 is not it either with the little basement, 4 point leveling and big front window ((rather have the cabinet storage space). The shade they use doesn't seal out 100% of light. (our spot in FL is near a street light so sealing out light is high on the list) One thin stream of light and I'm not sleeping well.

When they make the right trailer for us to upgrade in to that is less than 38 ft we'll know it when we walk in. 36/37 ft would be ideal.
    In the end, we really are still happy in the 303 and are almost to the point if nothing jumps at us soon (like by the Tampa Rv show in Jan.) we will start making a few interior upgrades and stay put. But a few more feet would be nice.

Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes for everyone there are needs and wants. Options trade off, what can you live with or without. The bed twist and bed ledges instead of night stands is a real point for some. Dealerships kept talking up the Solitude options, flush windows, hydraulics and such. I don't really care about flush windows and I don't want hydraulics, I didn't care if hydraulics was faster setup. They have a hard enough time installing water systems that don't leak let alone hydraulic systems. And with the electric systems you have individual controls and switches for the slides and leveling and don't have to mess with a selector valve.

When we bought last Feb it really came down to the 3350 or 2930 if that was a better deal. At that time the difference between the full Solitude like 310 and the S Class was @ 9-10 thousand. The storage capability of the 3350 was our goal for our full timing needs/wants. The huge cavernous storage compartment and the front bedroom closet out trumped the bed side ledges or the bathroom differences, but it would come down to price. As it turned out Crestview RV in Buda Texas wanted to move a 3350 and with the help of GDRV incentives we ended up with 34% off @ $57K. We got what we wanted, most of the options we wanted and at the price we wanted.

Now looking at the technical aspects, 37 ft versus 34 foot for 2930RL. We don't want a 40 foot anything. 4,478# cargo cap for the 3350RL, 920# more capacity than 2930RL at 3,558#, however they both have 7000# axles. So just where did we gain the extra 920# capacity - in the 3 foot difference? Time will tell how she holds up. So far our 3350 has been great, our time table now is that we transition to fulltime RVing next spring and hitting the road traveling fulltime in November.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in our first trip this week in our 2020 3350. So far, so good. We love the layout and tons of storage throughout. For us, it is the perfect rig. I guess manufacturers drop certain rigs all the time, who knows why the 3350 was dropped. But, I'm glad we got ours!!! BTW....I removed both of the bedside shelves...way before they caught my elbow or head in the night. Not the best placement of something, but we haven't missed them yet.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it easy to access that shelf at the front of the bed above your heads. If it is easy to do when in bed that might make the decision to go with the 3350 a little easier. If not it's out. I do like that the 3350 doesn't have the flush windows. Should be able to open the windows more for fresh air.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes...the shelve is easy to use. Also, the valances on both sides have a small shelve I use to keep a flashlight at night. We love our 3350, but this is our first 5er. We came from a Class C. The storage is just massive throughout the unit.
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 3350 RL-R
    2019 Ford F-350 Lariat, 6.7 diesel, SRW/SB, Crew Cab
    B&H Companion Slider for Ford Puck System
    Air Lift Air Bags 5000 Ultimate Plus with Air Lift Wireless One onboard compressor

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironfox View Post
    Yes...the shelve is easy to use. Also, the valances on both sides have a small shelve I use to keep a flashlight at night. We love our 3350, but this is our first 5er. We came from a Class C. The storage is just massive throughout the unit.
    We love ours as well. Yup I have bumped my elbow on that little shelve but you know, once I got used to it being there its pretty handy. Holds my watch and glasses just fine. We have the king bed, I wonder if the queen bed being narrower would leave enough room to get a small narrow night stand wedged between the bed and slide wall?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast