Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info. It is clear that Turning Point was using Pullrite as one of their models for the wedge design.

I grabbed my torque wrench and set of sockets for the first hookup.

What a great resource this group is.

Juiceman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RickLight, thanks for the information. I am planning on doing this set up. How does it drive going down the road? Seems like you lose .2” of thickness from not using PullRite’s capture plate. And the wedge is smaller than PullRite’s.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine all works great. I don’t have much to compare it to, but it feels little different than not having a trailer. Not that 8500lbs gives my diesel 1 ton any issues.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought the GD 240 RL today and I also have the Pullrite superglide which I would like to continue using. I was researching today on the capture plate needed to work with the Turning point pin box. Didn't have much luck. I sent in a email to pullrite asking their suggestion. So what I gathered from this conversation is it sounds like all you needed was a specific wedge for the Turning point? I see how that would work instead of a capture plate. Which wedge did you use? I see there are different wedges for different hitches.

Which brings up another question. Shouldn't dealer supply the Turning Point wedge for the proper hitch?

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by dljones3138; 05-12-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you missed the point of this thread. The proper wedge comes with the Turning Point. No one should provide any other gear.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The turning point wedge works great for any of the SuperGlide systems... The vendor for turning point hinted to me that was their model for making the wedge they provide.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    The turning point wedge works great for any of the SuperGlide systems... The vendor for turning point hinted to me that was their model for making the wedge they provide.
    Thanks for the info. One last thing I have to buy. I will let the dealer know.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "One last thing I have to buy". You do NOT need to buy one, it will come attached to your new 240RL Turning Point hitch. Have a 15/16" big socket ready to move it from the arm of the Turning Point to just behind the King Pin (mine is about 1/2" behind the king pin). You will also need to check to make sure the 2 bolts are in the back of the King Pin pivot point to make it solid. You don't want both Turning Point AND Superglide moving at the same time!

Read the Superglide directions (you can download from Pullrite website). You should hook up the trailer to the truck, don't go anywhere, slide the wedge into the space so it is snug, mark that location. Take trailer off truck, then torque the crap out of those bolts to put the wedge in there. I think the spec says 200ft-lbs? Read up on all this yourself, don't take my word for it.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12