Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite superglide with Turning Point, what wedge?

I'll be running my F350 with a Pullrite Superglide hitch. I'm picking up my 295RL 150 series in a couple of weeks. I know that I will need to lock the Turning Point pin box from rotating.

My question is: will the wedge that comes with the Turning Point work for this combination?

The Turning point video looks like connecting to a standard Pullrite hitch and looks like a perfect fit.

Excited for getting new rig.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call Pullrite with your hitch model number. They may recommend using one of their wedges specifically designed for such application. I know for my Reese I need their wedge. It has something to do with a proper tight fit with no slop between the wedge and hitch head.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know what a "Turning Point" pin box was, so I looked at the following YouTube video. (The video confused at first because the hitch used is a Pullrite, but it eventually reveals that it is not a Pullrite *slider*!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTEIO8-ZWfQ

Maybe it'll be useful to you. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    I'll be running my F350 with a Pullrite S8uperglide hitch. I'm picking up my 295RL 150 series in a couple of weeks. I know that I will need to lock the Turning Point pin box from rotating.

My question is: will the wedge that comes with the Turning Point work for this combination?

The Turning point video looks like connecting to a standard Pullrite hitch and looks like a perfect fit.

Excited for getting new rig.
    If you are locking the rotation, you should not need the supplied lippert wedge
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark is correct. If you are using the -slider- function of your PullRite hitch you will install the two bolts in the pin box that lock it in the forward position. The wedge and -Turning Point- feature will not be used.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do need the wedge! PullRight autosliders need a wedge to do the rotation that makes the sliding action work.

Pullright told me to use the Turning Point supplied wedge. Feel free to check with them yourself, it's cheap insurance, and trailers aren't cheap!

(Yes you need to lock out the Turning Point turning.)
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    You do need the wedge! PullRight autosliders need a wedge to do the rotation that makes the sliding action work.

Pullright told me to use the Turning Point supplied wedge. Feel free to check with them yourself, it's cheap insurance, and trailers aren't cheap!

(Yes you need to lock out the Turning Point turning.)
    I do not understand how the Pull Right works, but if you lock out the turning point hitch and use the wedge it seems to me nothing can rotate for normal driving (turns) which might be a big problem, something will break. The slider part should be for more extreme turns
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I do not understand how the Pull Right works, but if you lock out the turning point hitch and use the wedge it seems to me nothing can rotate for normal driving (turns) which might be a big problem, something will break. The slider part should be for more extreme turns
    Mark
    The Pullrite hitch needs to lock out the pivot point so the hitch can work.

It is an auto sliding hitch. The turning action makes the hitch work.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The Pullrite hitch needs to lock out the pivot point so the hitch can work.

It is an auto sliding hitch. The turning action makes the hitch work.
    Thanks Steve, I just wanted to make sure he did get himself in a bad situation
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video describes how it works. Turning and sliding work together.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast