User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booster switch Question

Kinda wierd- When we are in a park, hooked up to cable, it only works clearly when the power boost switch is turned on (red light on) I know this switch should only be used when using antenna, but this is what we have. I had issues with our Imagine just after purchase regarding bad cable connection. Our purchasing dealer replaced power boost switch and carefully checked all wiring from TV to connection port in the front bay. We always attach cable to middle port. Rig going in for look in about a month. Anyone have any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like someone got the cable and antenna inputs reversed at the switch. The switch really only switches between antenna input and cable input. It does put 12 or 15v DC on the input line from the antenna which is actually where the booster/amplifier is. So, theoritaclly you have some voltage now on the cable input but since it doesn't do anything with that voltage it's probably OK for now (no telling how much of that voltage, if any, feeds back to the park cable system, but they may have some kind of protection for that (maybe).

It will be interesting to see if you can get any decent antenna TV reception they way you are set up. Let us know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with traveldawg… mis-wired. The booster/switch is easy to switch wires around.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input regarding possible crossed wires at switch-Did try antenna-Scan showed 15 channels, but only could receive 4 & no stations below channel 27

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyBoyNevada View Post
    Thanks for the input regarding possible crossed wires at switch-Did try antenna-Scan showed 15 channels, but only could receive 4 & no stations below channel 27
    This sounds very much like my recent issues. Hooked up cable and had nothing. Hit the button and got channels but very few. Did some troubleshooting and when I connect the cable TV cable directly to the TV cable I got 61 channels. Turns out my amplifier power supply box is not working for just cable. Called GD yesterday and they are sending me new amplifier box which should fix this.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada