User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Securing washer and dryer

I have a 2018 360RL-R Solitude that we bought new and had a stackable washer and dryer installed in it. From day one it would shke like crazy when running the washer. I bought a tripod to go under the goosebox hitch and this helped a little bit. Recently we noticed that the drawer to put the washing powder was in was hitting the door frame and chalked that up to a gremlin. Well we had another issue and had to pull the units out. Turns out they were not secured in any kind of way & the units were walking in the closet. Does anyone know the proper way to secure the stackable unit? if that would be done it would have to help a lot. Thanks for any help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go on line with the manufacturer and you will see a clamping and securement kit that you can purchase from them. Its expensive but I would buy it again for sure.
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon sells them also. They only secure the front washer legs to the floor so you need to come up with some means to keep it from falling forward when traveling/moving. I'm assuming the dryer is attached to the washer, if you take off the panel on the bottom of the dryer there should be a metal piece with 3 screws attaching the dryer. GD doesn't make it easy as there is only an inch on either side of the W/D.
    I used the clothes rod that was removed from the closet. It just fits above the dryer door and spans the closet to prevent the unit from falling forward and doesn't look too bad.
    This W/D install was a PIA as GD doesn't leave any spare room. I have to figure out how to open the water valves as I left them closed and installed the equipment. Time to build a special tool I guess

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have virtually the same amount of room for our washer dryer as everyone else does-none! We did use the kit to attach to the floor and put a thin plastic pan under the washer in case of leaks. The biggest help was not setting the dryer on top of the washer. The hubs used the original shelf that was in there . He installed the shelf a few inches above the washer and set the dryer on it. That way if you need to get to the water valves or pull the washer out you don’t have to pull the dryer out also. He secured the dryer to the shelf with L brackets. Works like a charm!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016