User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cable tv wiring mess, new Momentum 349

We brought the new rig home and I set up the Sat receiver and the Sat hookup outside is good running to the main tv area. There is also a Cable Tv hookup outside along with others labeled Aux, Garage, Bedroom.

I was told each of those run to the second cable outlet at each Tv so you could run Sat to each of them.

Well, the problem is, each TV gets digital TV signal through both cable outlets at each wall plate. So someone wired these wrong.

We pulled the wall panel out in the storage area under the fifth wheel and I see all the cable wires going up the wall behind the TV. I assume they have a splitter there which is linked to the antennae/ signal booster?

Has anyone tackled this? I ran a cable down to the area where sat/cable tv comes is so we could run sat to another Tv when needed, but, we tried each tv on the second cable outlet and there is no signal other than normal digital tv.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just helped a friend sort out the cable wiring mess in his Reflection (several wrong connections found.) You will need to go through each connection and every cable to confirm routing and proper connections. We used an ohm meter and a screw driver to confirm continuity in each cable and wire them properly.

-There should be a direct run from connection panel to each TV location.

-There should also be one connection in the connection panel that runs directly to the booster/switch and from there to all TV locations (probably through splitters) and one run to antenna. The booster/switch is labelled on circuit board so look for that.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this.

I guess this is my next major headache.

It'll just have to wait in the line of priority with the other headaches..

I'd think the 12v elect system problem comes first.

Teddy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Just helped a friend sort out the cable wiring mess in his Reflection (several wrong connections found.) You will need to go through each connection and every cable to confirm routing and proper connections. We used an ohm meter and a screw driver to confirm continuity in each cable and wire them properly.

-There should be a direct run from connection panel to each TV location.

-There should also be one connection in the connection panel that runs directly to the booster/switch and from there to all TV locations (probably through splitters) and one run to antenna. The booster/switch is labelled on circuit board so look for that.
    Thanks for your response. It appears none of the tvs got the direct run since I get the same tv signal on both outlets at each tv.
    It appears someone ran the direct into the same splitter as the tv booster. Any idea where the splitter would be on a 349?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know but it (they) is probably behind the plates. You should be able to pull them out of the hole the plates cover.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design might be able to email you a drawing that shows the coax wiring.
    This one is from a few years ago: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post105319
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your antenna booster should be located behind your big tv in living room/kitchen. It is mounted on a wall plate with a small push button switch and LED light along with a couple of coax connections.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston