User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacks and slides

Has anyone had the problem of slides extending when using hitch mode setting? Slides extend when front jacks extend. Suggestions?
    Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkgrossmann View Post
    Has anyone had the problem of slides extending when using hitch mode setting? Slides extend when front jacks extend. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    What trailer do you have?

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Sorry. 2020 310gk. Worked fine at first. Now have to shut off slides flow control to set up or rehitch. Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. 2020 310gk. Worked fine at first. Now have to shut off slides flow control to set up or rehitch. Thanks
    A couple of things to check

1) Make sure the hydraulic reservoirs full. Instruction in your owners manual, but basically with main slides in and all jacks up (need to be hooked to your TV), the fluid should be at molded line at the top of the reservoir. Mine and others have been delivered quit low on fluid. If you are low on fluid (or even if not), run your slides all the way in and out several time (3?) and then do the same with the jacks. If there is air in the system, this should purge it. Air can cause the hydraulics to act very erratic, especially if the air is in the valve body.

2) Make sure your battery is fully charge before running the hydraulic pump. I typically try to hook up, level and run the slides when on shore power (if possible). I have had problems with jacks moving while putting the slides in or out when I had a low battery and no shore power on our 310GK.

3) A bit more work, but check the bottom of the hydraulic reservoir for any signs of contamination or dirt. Even a little dirt can hold the solenoid valve partially open.

4) Also, check all hose fitting (jacks, slide pistons (easiest when slides are out), valve body, hydraulic pump, etc.) for any leaks. Air in the system (see item #1 ) does really funny things.

Let us know if you find anything.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thought, If all the above fails to improve the situation, check the all of the solenoids (on valve body next to the pump and on top of the right (curb side) front jack) are tight.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you have a stuck valve remaining open. Running the jacks is putting pressure on the slides and causing them to open.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sounds like you have a stuck valve remaining open. Running the jacks is putting pressure on the slides and causing them to open.
    Thanks. Have gone through steps provided with no change. I believe it must be a stuck valve. However don’t understand why slides continue to operate correctly. Can you identify which solenoid is the slide control on the distribution block?
    In any case dealer appointment in mid October. Pita for a new unit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went through this myself. Dealer couldn't find cause. but GD said to check the valve solenoid on top is an allen wrench hole see if it is tight the one with the orange wire This was sent to me from Grand design Service

Sounds like slide valves are manually opened or valve stuck open. I would start at the slide valves, 5/32 Allen wrench turn counter clockwise finger tight. If it is still moving when you run the landing gear, un plug the coil on the valve and operate. If it still moves replace the slide valves.
    Robert (Jay) Loomis
    Customer Service Rep
    Grand Design RV
    11356 CR2
    Middlebury, IN 46540
    574-825-9679 EXT 1819
    574-825-9249 – fax
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scocciante View Post
    Just went through this myself. Dealer couldn't find cause. but GD said to check the valve solenoid on top is an allen wrench hole see if it is tight the one with the orange wire This was sent to me from Grand design Service

Sounds like slide valves are manually opened or valve stuck open. I would start at the slide valves, 5/32 Allen wrench turn counter clockwise finger tight. If it is still moving when you run the landing gear, un plug the coil on the valve and operate. If it still moves replace the slide valves.
    Robert (Jay) Loomis
    Customer Service Rep
    Grand Design RV
    11356 CR2
    Middlebury, IN 46540
    574-825-9679 EXT 1819
    574-825-9249 – fax
    Thanks to all. Tightening the valve as described has worked. Much appreciate the support and feedback. Very obvious this forum is effective. Best regards