User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A followup question.... i have the 9855 converter and reading the specs as below:
    Converter Type: Three-Stage Converter Charger
    Voltage Output: 13.2 – 14.4V DC Range
    Absorption Mode (Nominal Voltage): 13.6V DC (nominal voltage)
    Bulk Mode (Quick Charging Voltage): 14.4V DC (quick charging voltage)
    Float Mode (Trickle Charge Voltage): 13.2V DC (trickle charge voltage)

After being down to 12.2 wouldn't the charger go into quick charging mode? It shows 13.6 on my meter.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    You still get voltage error caused by resistance of the wire whether you connect before or after the loads. The problem comes from the length of wire before your voltage measuring device connection. 6AWG has about .4 Ohms per 1000ft. If you are 10ft from the battery drawing 20A your error will be 0.16V.
    I'm not using the meter to measure voltage at a 20 amp load. As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm using it to check battery voltage under little to no load to gauge battery condition. Voltage drop is affected by current. The meter is the only load at the end of those #6's and draws very little current. At .5 amp the drop is .0079v. My 12.7v becomes 12.6921v. This corresponds with readings taken at either end of the circuit. I'm not worried about the .0079v drop.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    A followup question.... i have the 9855 converter and reading the specs as below:
    Converter Type: Three-Stage Converter Charger
    Voltage Output: 13.2 – 14.4V DC Range
    Absorption Mode (Nominal Voltage): 13.6V DC (nominal voltage)
    Bulk Mode (Quick Charging Voltage): 14.4V DC (quick charging voltage)
    Float Mode (Trickle Charge Voltage): 13.2V DC (trickle charge voltage)

After being down to 12.2 wouldn't the charger go into quick charging mode? It shows 13.6 on my meter.....
    Jim, I've never seen the 14.4 quick charge voltage. I've heard this from others on the forum. At 13.6v it takes more than 24 hours to bring my twin 6v batteries to full charge from about a 30% discharge. Someday I'll change the converter to something like a Progressive Dynamics with charge wizard.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123