Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new tow vechiel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new tow vechiel

I just went from a 2017 tundra to a 2018 ram 2500 I have a equalizer weight distribution hitch the Ram is higher would I have to get a longer shank or could I just flip the old one and lower the bolts .

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If flipping it a lowering the bolts will make it the proper height, it should be fine.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did the same for a friend who went from a F150 to a RAM 2500. Worked out fine.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriroy View Post
    I just went from a 2017 tundra to a 2018 ram 2500 I have a equalizer weight distribution hitch the Ram is higher would I have to get a longer shank or could I just flip the old one and lower the bolts .
    I just did a very similar tow vehicle change. Went from a 2009 Tundra to a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW. With my Reflection I was lucky all I had to do was to flip the shank and go to the bottom holes again. I knew my ball height and also knew that the trailer was about 1" nose low so the flipping of the shank work out perfectly. trailer is now 1/2" low with the shank flipped and on the 3500.

Hopefully you know what you top of the ball height was on the Tundra and flipping the shank will get you there like mine did, otherwise you will need a shank with a lower drop.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada