User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither Black nor Grey Tanks Emptying

Good morning. We are very new to the RV life and we are currently on our second trip. This morning when I went outside to empty the black tank and then the grey tanks nothing came out of the line. Nothing came out when I pulled the black lever and nothing came out when I pulled the grey tank levers. In addition, this morning prior to taking a shower and my wife taking a shower the grey tank sensor for the bathroom showed almost 2/3 full. After showers it showed 1/3 full. The kitchen sensor is doing the same thing.
    Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Bruce and Gwen Harper
    Northport, AL

2018 Reflection 29RS

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Harper View Post
    Good morning. We are very new to the RV life and we are currently on our second trip. This morning when I went outside to empty the black tank and then the grey tanks nothing came out of the line. Nothing came out when I pulled the black lever and nothing came out when I pulled the grey tank levers. In addition, this morning prior to taking a shower and my wife taking a shower the grey tank sensor for the bathroom showed almost 2/3 full. After showers it showed 1/3 full. The kitchen sensor is doing the same thing.
    Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, back to basics first. You said you are new to this and only second trip out. Has it ever worked and ever been dumped before? Do you have a clear elbow to see if the waste is leaving the trailer. Is it cold outside and or is the dump pipe clogged or frozen,....or kinked? Try moving the gate cables in and out to see if there is tension or friction on the valve or is it super easy, like broken off? Behind the Nautilus panel, maybe loose? Start there and somebody else might have a few pointers.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your response. On our first trip we dumped regularly and it emptied fine. We do have a clear elbow at the end of our sewage line. We are in Orange Beach, AL so the weather is rather warm. The dump line is supported by the brackets to provide a gradual downward slope. There are no kinks in the line.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a dumb question, but has your dealer installed a Valterra waste gate on your dump line ??
    It would look like another handle to pull installed to where you attach the sewer line ?
    You may have closed it unknowingly when you first dumped the tanks ?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 09-20-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not another waste gate valve to pull. This is such an odd predicament because everything worked fine Wednesday and Thursday (yesterday).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The levers are pulling with the same amount of tension. Nothing has changed there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not another waste gate valve to pull. This is such an odd predicament because everything worked fine Wednesday and Thursday (yesterday).
    Well, this is not the issue but do not rely on wall sensors, period. If you said you used the showers, toilet, etc. then you did. I need to think about this a moment. I am doubt that the entire plumbing system fell out of the bottom! Is it possible that there is not enough waste water to create the large flow "woosh" as it goes out, and it actually already left the tank slower than if it was full? Maybe you did nor hear it. Again, do not believe the sensors, might have foreign particles on it. Maybe you are empty?
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The levers are pulling with the same amount of tension. Nothing has changed there.
    Also, it is recommended to wait until tanks are more somewhat full in order to create the "explosion" and push contents out. Never want to let solids dribble out because then the tanks do not clean as well.
    Last edited by Gold Country Livin'; 09-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce,
    Looks like an enigma ??

If you did dump the system yesterday,
    why were you dumping today ??
    When you dumped today, was anything visible in the clear elbow ??

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you may have used too much paper and solids collected before the exit valve without adequate force to remove it.
    Since there isnt much pressure to force it out, i would fill the black tank with a hose until its full.. dont rely on sensors.
    You will hear it get close to toilet opening.
    WATCH IT CAREFULLY !!!
    Turn off hose and pull the handle.
    A full tank's pressure should dislodge any blockage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast