User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flattened Hose on Pump Suction

I pulled the Nautilus panel covering, to check on a few things and discovered the suction line to the pump is flattened.

Cannot imaging that it was installed this way so did I crush the line by running the pump when the Nautilus was on city water and not from the dry camp position?

Any other ideas as to why this may have happened?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0395.jpg   IMG_0396.jpg   IMG_0397 (1).jpg   IMG_0398.jpg  
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours looks pretty much the same. I suspect you are correct in that the pump was run when a valve on the suction line was closed. That section of line should have never been flex hose. Just bad engineering. I plan to replace that section with a pex line next time I have that compartment open.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KamFlyer View Post
    Ours looks pretty much the same. I suspect you are correct in that the pump was run when a valve on the suction line was closed. That section of line should have never been flex hose. Just bad engineering. I plan to replace that section with a pex line next time I have that compartment open.
    I think this is going to be the start of my flex to Pex conversion that several members have done. Hitting HD tomorrow for Pex A, clamps and crimping tool.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahriad View Post
    I think this is going to be the start of my flex to Pex conversion that several members have done. Hitting HD tomorrow for Pex A, clamps and crimping tool.
    I hit Home Depot about 6-8 months ago and got all the stuff, which is still sitting in the basement awaiting installation. It will come up to bite me soon!

If you haven't yet seen posts by the user Cate&Rob in plumbing threads here, they are worth looking for.

Good luck with your project.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch