User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Well, this is not the issue but do not rely on wall sensors, period. If you said you used the showers, toilet, etc. then you did. I need to think about this a moment. I am doubt that the entire plumbing system fell out of the bottom! Is it possible that there is not enough waste water to create the large flow "woosh" as it goes out, and it actually already left the tank slower than if it was full? Maybe you did nor hear it. Again, do not believe the sensors, might have foreign particles on it. Maybe you are empty?
    ^^^^! Good call. Just re-read post #5 , dumped Weds, Thurs, AND today. That would mean a trickle each day, especially if you are trying to conserve water. Most people don’t dump that often, especially when on a sewer hookup. The owners manual suggests you flush for 15 seconds (that’s excessive). It really doesn’t sound like you have a problem, but to test for blockage from construction debris, you might try putting 10-20 gallons in the black tank and see if you get better flow (or wait 3-4 days before dumping again). You can tell when your tanks are getting full-the water going down sounds differently. Also, there are many threads here about solutions for holding tank problems: dumping, avoiding odors, cleaning, etc.
    Good luck, and as one wise owner on here said-“use lots of water-water is your friend”.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, whenever it is possible, either at the campground or when you get home, I would fill the black tank with water and then fill the gray tank with water, dumping each separately to determine proper flow and function while observing the clear elbow and feeling the dump valves. I am thinking that there is no problem? Maybe you just thought there was ample water to flush. This observation is based on the fact that you recently used it fine and thought you needed to dump again but is too early and flow was insufficient.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    I think you may have used too much paper and solids collected before the exit valve without adequate force to remove it.
    Since there isnt much pressure to force it out, i would fill the black tank with a hose until its full.. dont rely on sensors.
    You will hear it get close to toilet opening.
    WATCH IT CAREFULLY !!!
    Turn off hose and pull the handle.
    A full tank's pressure should dislodge any blockage.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    OH MY!
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to thank everyone for their response. We are definitely learning and I learned a few things today. Gold Country Livin’ it was your reply that made me realize I had possibly not been closing my valves well enough and there was a slow drain. My wife and I have been able to get everything operating as it should be again by filling tanks and then dumping them. I am going to wait until I know tanks are full rather than dumping at 2/3 full. I had read in an earlier post about water being your friend and I can say I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.
    Again, thank you to all of you. There is a lot to be said about being able to reach out in a moment of “OH NO!” and have the peace of mind there are others with more experience and knowledge who will lend a helping “hand.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Harper View Post
    I want to thank everyone for their response. We are definitely learning and I learned a few things today. Gold Country Livin’ it was your reply that made me realize I had possibly not been closing my valves well enough and there was a slow drain. My wife and I have been able to get everything operating as it should be again by filling tanks and then dumping them. I am going to wait until I know tanks are full rather than dumping at 2/3 full. I had read in an earlier post about water being your friend and I can say I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.
    Again, thank you to all of you. There is a lot to be said about being able to reach out in a moment of “OH NO!” and have the peace of mind there are others with more experience and knowledge who will lend a helping “hand.”
    Nice!
    Thanks for letting us all know. Camp on my friend!
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce I too have a 29rs and ran across a similar issue. It took a lot of working it back and forth till it opened. It was like the valve was stuck and the cable was stretching. Once I got it opened up I did the baby oil trick and so far so good. Also, do yourself a favor. Cut off the cap and install the 3” valterra gate valve. I bought the kit with flanges on Amazon. Now when I remove the cap I don’t have to deal with leaking valves.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I have been considering purchasing the 3" Valterra gate valve. Your feedback is definitely helping me make a decision.
    Bruce and Gwen Harper
    Northport, AL

2018 Reflection 29RS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had this problem. I got a can of PB Blaster and treated the pulls. I used vice grips to turn them then kept treating with PB. Finally they broke loose. Now I treat after each dump. Now I also put a cup of vegetable oil down each drain to lube the slice valves.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    Also, it is recommended to wait until tanks are more somewhat full in order to create the "explosion" and push contents out. Never want to let solids dribble out because then the tanks do not clean as well.
    Two things in my experience: Don't believe the indicators, they are not reliable. Secondly, empty tanks when they are full, or near full as possible. For us, I just do it every three of four days.

Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a new 2020 and the level indicators read 33% or 66% empty or full.
    I talked to a RV proctologist in Az and he said the number one problem for no flow or low flow black tank dumping is from people not using RV toilet paper.

Some cheapskates even try that bootleg hack method of converting household TP To RV TP.
    Still clogs the tank.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast