User Tag List

Setting Up Camp 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Dog scratched my leather Reclining Chair

Hi all, I am currently on a weekend trip and we got set up and settled, and my dog decided that he wanted to play with me. So long story short he started having the zoomies and jumped on the chair and catapulted off of it and scratched it. Its not all the way through but its a noticeable scratch. Is there anyway that it can be touched up?? Any ideas? I will not leave it like that. I prefer not to buy new chairs just for that. I still love me dog no matter what. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS; 09-20-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope your furniture is upholstered with higher quality "leather" than mine. The paper thin leather veneer on many, many GD trailers is going to peel off anyway. It's "when" rather than "if" the finish on your seats are going to come off in sheets in many cases.

I looked at replacing my "Super Sofa's" love seat and right and left hand recliners--$2,000+ at RecCon.com. Needless to say we're not thrilled. Problem is RV furniture is special to get it inside the small front door--comes in piece by piece. Other alternative is Lazy Boy couches and recliners that the back is easily removed.

Setting Up Camp 2019RRSDLARIAT337RLS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same quality fake leather(pleather) as you. It just sucks on a brand new trailer, it already has noticeable scratches. I heard when they build these things, they put the couch and recliners in first before they put the slides in since its much easier to get in there in 1 piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been meaning to ask this question, this thread reminded me: has anyone found any sort of covers that will fit on the GD (I have an Imagine) leather recliners? We’ve got blankets covering them to protect them from this exact thing (pretty sure our dog could puncture them easily), but they constantly slide off and look rather messy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced our pleather junk with real leather. As any of our real leather starts to wear or gets scratched I take a matching brown or cordovan colored shoe polish and apply it just as I would on shoes including buffing it after applying the shoe polish. It will look good as new when you are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    We replaced our pleather junk with real leather. As any of our real leather starts to wear or gets scratched I take a matching brown or cordovan colored shoe polish and apply it just as I would on shoes including buffing it after applying the shoe polish. It will look good as new when you are done.
    What brand did you buy? Concerned about it fitting through the door

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced it with a Flex Steel brand, electric recline and it is great. The backs come off and it went threw the vertical as it went threw the door and rotated. Took two of us about 5 minutes to take the old one out and put the new one in our 303rls including putting the backs on. Had a neighbor help me and he couldn't believe it was so easy. The Flex Steel is not real heavy either but is very good quality.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good old fashion shoe polish - wax type - can blend to match. Use Q-Tip to apply. Or drop by a good detail shop as they have other colored products that may work.

Hope this helps.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar