User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Imagine 2450RL owners!

We just purchased a 2020 Imagine 2450RL and we are blown away. Years ago we started our RV experience with a Coleman pop-up with a slide. It was a great RV while the kids were small and we had great adventures. As the kids grew older, we started camping less and less and wound up selling it. Now that the kids are grown, the wife and I started talking about camping again. We wanted to start off with a smaller rig, and purchased a mini-bunkhouse camper. It was a great little camper, but after the first rainy weekend, just too small. We are now in an Imagine 2450RL! First camping trip is 2 weeks, for 4 days in the Laurel Highlands, hopefully the perfect time for the leaves to be changing. We camp with our dog. We're so excited to join the Grand Design Owners Community!

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the Imagine. I do hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours. Met several people with the RL and they love it. Welcome the the forum. These people here are pretty good with helping out if you have questions. Go forth and explore and make new memories.
    WPS
    Imagine 2250RK 2018
    Silverado 2018 1/2 Ton, 5.3L V8 3.42

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, We just purchased a 2020 2450RL...So...how do you like it? Any issues so far? Any tips? Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnlaurie View Post
    Hello, We just purchased a 2020 2450RL...So...how do you like it? Any issues so far? Any tips? Thanks
    We purchased the 2450 RL in March. Have spent 14 nights with it and absolutely love it.
    The perfect couples Floor plan for us. You will see that everyone has their opinions on a wide range of subjects and they have
    been super helpful.

We all have our preferences, read a lot and do what works for you. For myself I am a tire nut. We had an 18 foot Keystone bullet
    and upgraded after a year. I put the Endurance tires load range E on both trailers before leaving the dealers lot.

Best of luck and maybe we can share how we improve the camping experience.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    We purchased the 2450 RL in March. Have spent 14 nights with it and absolutely love it.
    The perfect couples Floor plan for us. You will see that everyone has their opinions on a wide range of subjects and they have
    been super helpful.

We all have our preferences, read a lot and do what works for you. For myself I am a tire nut. We had an 18 foot Keystone bullet
    and upgraded after a year. I put the Endurance tires load range E on both trailers before leaving the dealers lot.

Best of luck and maybe we can share how we improve the camping experience.
    Bob A.
    We also changed out the mattress just today. All RV's I am aware of do not
    have good quality mattresses. My wife has back trouble and we are picky about mattresses.
    Another tip often shared here is changing out the shower head for an oxygenated shower head.
    You can find Good threads on all these subjects by using the search argument.
    Best of Luck:
    Bob A.
    Last edited by attaboy; 05-27-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Bob & Alice

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2450RL Improvements

We almost bought another Rockwood when shopping for a new camper but my wife fell in love with the lighter color of the slate look instead of the standard browns so may have. Don’t really know the quality the new Rockwood have now but our 2013 was top notch. Kinda feel our Imagine is not up to the old standards but still pretty nice unit.
    Wish I could design my camper from the ground up. Here is a list of things we’ve done to our new 2020 2450RL and a list of, well, what I would have done a better job on.
    Change mattress (that’s a given)
    Added shelves to cabinet just inside door.
    Added electrical outlet to wall underneath kitchen counter All the way to the right and outside of glass enclosure beneath our TV.
    Put dimmer on overhead lights and awning lights.
    Changed to dimming lights over recliners.
    Took out center section of recliners to allow standing room in front of counter.
    Removed outside fridge and redesigned area to fit outside griddle and such.
    Installed touch pad key entry and all locks to use same key.
    Changed square dinning table to longer, more narrow and took out back wall cushions that allow more sitting room for 4 people.
    Drilled hole in floor of front outside storage (with one way flap) to allow electric cord to be plugged in with door closed.
    Placed sensor lights in the 3 bedroom closets.
    Reupholstered bed wall to a lighter fabric.

Things that need improvement.
    Kitchen gray tank vent pipe runs outside on the wall where we sit instead of roof. Can smell gray water and believe me when I say it’s clean.
    Extra time with fastening interior. Found a lot missed nails, Staples, screws, even trim pieces missing but not viewed in open areas.
    Miss real wood, paper covered partial wood scratches easily.
    More dimmers, over table, bedroom and bed wall lights.
    Connect all three tanks to one outlet.
    Strong enough bumper for HD bike rack.
    Bathroom facet to extend more into the sink.

I’m sure there’s more but all I can think of while sitting outside enjoying the sunrise at Salt Springs FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Happy Campers View Post
    We almost bought another Rockwood when shopping for a new camper but my wife fell in love with the lighter color of the slate look instead of the standard browns so may have. Don’t really know the quality the new Rockwood have now but our 2013 was top notch. Kinda feel our Imagine is not up to the old standards but still pretty nice unit.
    Wish I could design my camper from the ground up. Here is a list of things we’ve done to our new 2020 2450RL and a list of, well, what I would have done a better job on.
    Change mattress (that’s a given)
    Added shelves to cabinet just inside door.
    Added electrical outlet to wall underneath kitchen counter All the way to the right and outside of glass enclosure beneath our TV.
    Put dimmer on overhead lights and awning lights.
    Changed to dimming lights over recliners.
    Took out center section of recliners to allow standing room in front of counter.
    Removed outside fridge and redesigned area to fit outside griddle and such.
    Installed touch pad key entry and all locks to use same key.
    Changed square dinning table to longer, more narrow and took out back wall cushions that allow more sitting room for 4 people.
    Drilled hole in floor of front outside storage (with one way flap) to allow electric cord to be plugged in with door closed.
    Placed sensor lights in the 3 bedroom closets.
    Reupholstered bed wall to a lighter fabric.

Things that need improvement.
    Kitchen gray tank vent pipe runs outside on the wall where we sit instead of roof. Can smell gray water and believe me when I say it’s clean.
    Extra time with fastening interior. Found a lot missed nails, Staples, screws, even trim pieces missing but not viewed in open areas.
    Miss real wood, paper covered partial wood scratches easily.
    More dimmers, over table, bedroom and bed wall lights.
    Connect all three tanks to one outlet.
    Strong enough bumper for HD bike rack.
    Bathroom facet to extend more into the sink.

I’m sure there’s more but all I can think of while sitting outside enjoying the sunrise at Salt Springs FL
    Wow
    Your improvements are amazing.
    You must be very handy and willing to customize your rig to your liking.
    I am gonna take your list to our 2450RL and see which ones would improve our camping experience.
    Enjoy the Sunrise.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice