User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would like feedback on Heng's Vortex 2 fan

I replaced one of my vents with a Maxxair fan. I love it, but that sucker is expensive. I read about the Vortex 2 and like that I do not have to go on the roof to install it. In reading the reviews on Amazon many people complain of the noise and out of balance fans. I wanted to ask the folks here what their experience has been. Any threads here on this subject seem quite old.

Is anyone using one of these?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I replaced one of my vents with a Maxxair fan. I love it, but that sucker is expensive. I read about the Vortex 2 and like that I do not have to go on the roof to install it. In reading the reviews on Amazon many people complain of the noise and out of balance fans. I wanted to ask the folks here what their experience has been. Any threads here on this subject seem quite old.

Is anyone using one of these?
    Keeping in mind that you get what you pay for ,but I can say this. I liked ours and had no real issues with them.

While I have have not installed them in our 2670MK I did install them in our last camper a Livin Lite Camplite . They are easy to install for sure and no going on the roof. They work well. The best part is they shove a ton of air around. We always had one pushing out and the other pulling in to get a nice flow of air. They look fine also and do not give off any kind of cheaply made appearance.
    As for unbalanced fans. I did not have that. I did have a cover screen that was slightly pushed in letting the fan blade rub against it. All I did was use a needle and pull it gently away. They are correct in the reviews on noise. If you run them on high , you will hear them . However kept on the speed setting of 2 or less you will not hear them. Unless you stand under them trying to. We kept them on the 1 or 2 speed setting . They do very well for the price . You just don't get all the bells and whistles that can be had with other makes. ie. remote controls and such.

When I do change out our 2670's I'm putting in a Maxair in the living room kitchen area and the Vortex 2 in the bath room to cut down on the cost as you are thinking of doing . I can run it on high in there and with a closed door and will never hear it running on high if I chose to do so. It's down low on my list of mods right now though.

Oh forgot to ad the part about the DW thinking it was a waste of money . Heart be still . After installing them , she actually said thank you . You were right. They are much better.

Hope that helps you out.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 09-21-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Jim T.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, ScopesNC. Just the kind of info I need.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]