User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

315 owners or anyone else

Anyone put a heat strip in there bedroom AC, since GD only put 1 heat duct in the bedroom it is 7 degrees colder than the living room. If so does it work to keep the bedroom a little warmer?
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Anyone put a heat strip in there bedroom AC, since GD only put 1 heat duct in the bedroom it is 7 degrees colder than the living room. If so does it work to keep the bedroom a little warmer?
    It seems odd that your bedroom is that much colder than the rest of the trailer. Granted out bedroom is smaller in the 297 than the 315 but our bedroom is warmer than the rest of the trailer with one heat duct. Are you getting good airflow out of the vent as it may be a kinked duct or something that is preventing full air flow.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    It seems odd that your bedroom is that much colder than the rest of the trailer. Granted out bedroom is smaller in the 297 than the 315 but our bedroom is warmer than the rest of the trailer with one heat duct. Are you getting good airflow out of the vent as it may be a kinked duct or something that is preventing full air flow.

Rob
    I get the same air flow as the bathroom which is next to it. When I get done with this trip I will pull the under belly and check. Even with the ac the bedroom is cooler.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the same air flow as the bathroom which is next to it. When I get done with this trip I will pull the under belly and check. Even with the ac the bedroom is cooler.
    Our bedroom is warmer with the AC. Seems like your trailer bedroom is the opposite of ours. Maybe that is normal for your model. I am sure someone with a 315 will chime in soon and confirm with the same model.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I took a look at the underbelly and there is nothing wrong with any of the vent pipes other than they are cheap junk nothing more than thin foil dryer vent. There are a lot of 2" vents for the underbelly to keep that from freezing. Maybe GD should put another vent in the bedroom, so nobody else has this issue.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get cold in our 315 we just throw another blanket on the bed. The coldest we have been in is only 50 degrees outside and between the fireplace and furnace we were fine. We just recently installed an additional A/C in the bedroom, the a/c worked great and we haven't tried the heat yet.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    If we get cold in our 315 we just throw another blanket on the bed. The coldest we have been in is only 50 degrees outside and between the fireplace and furnace we were fine. We just recently installed an additional A/C in the bedroom, the a/c worked great and we haven't tried the heat yet.
    JD, we camp at higher altitudes so we have been in below freezing and had to bring the water hose in at night so it doesn't freeze. when I posted this are bedroom was at 61 degrees at the low but the living room was at 68 with the furnace and fireplace going.
    2018 315 RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JD, we camp at higher altitudes so we have been in below freezing and had to bring the water hose in at night so it doesn't freeze. when I posted this are bedroom was at 61 degrees at the low but the living room was at 68 with the furnace and fireplace going.
    have you removed the louvers on the hutch and checked how well the furnace is sealed? On my '17 the furnace leaked a lot of heat from the nipples that attach to the ducts. Sealing things up with furnace tape helped. You can also check for any squashed duct work here. Installing an adjustable vent in the bathroom could help. The bathroom is the shortest, most direct run. Closing it down a bit may help flow to the bedroom.
    We've only camped into the high 20's/low 30's at night. We run the fireplace and set the furnace at 65 and use a fan on low next to the sofa, aimed at the bedroom . works for us.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    have you removed the louvers on the hutch and checked how well the furnace is sealed? On my '17 the furnace leaked a lot of heat from the nipples that attach to the ducts. Sealing things up with furnace tape helped. You can also check for any squashed duct work here. Installing an adjustable vent in the bathroom could help. The bathroom is the shortest, most direct run. Closing it down a bit may help flow to the bedroom.
    We've only camped into the high 20's/low 30's at night. We run the fireplace and set the furnace at 65 and use a fan on low next to the sofa, aimed at the bedroom . works for us.
    Kim, everything look fine at the furnace. My fireplace has a low temp of 71 wish that was lower sometimes. Where do you get the vents? that may help. I was thinking of maybe running another vent to the dresser but that maybe a pain because I would have to remove half the underbelly and cut holes in the floor and dresser and it would be easier to get more blankets.
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't had to use our furnace much. We use an electric heater in the bedroom and the fireplace in the livingroom. That is during the day. At night we like it on the cold side for sleeping.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast