User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fix (or maybe it is) but just an idea to get you through, with you mentioning that you want to put a heat strip in the bedroom ac unit I'm thinking power is not an issue for you so maybe you just turn on the living room AC to fan only and shut all the vents but the ones in the bedroom so it's sucking the air from the warm living area and pumping it to the bedroom.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    Not a fix (or maybe it is) but just an idea to get you through, with you mentioning that you want to put a heat strip in the bedroom ac unit I'm thinking power is not an issue for you so maybe you just turn on the living room AC to fan only and shut all the vents but the ones in the bedroom so it's sucking the air from the warm living area and pumping it to the bedroom.
    Never thought of that, since the ac's are loud that would be quieter than running the bedroom ac. I still might do the heat strip it gets cold here in the Rockies. thanks
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought about this as well, there is some pretty serious air leaks (on min there was at least) where they ran the water lines through the floor to the undercarriage underneath the drawers below the closet from the water heater, as well as under the sink where the drain and water lines come through. Just pop out the drawers and stuff the over-sized holes full of insulation. There's a pretty good one under the hutch as well where all of the furnace trunks run through the floor.

You can go to one of the big box stores and grab a small project roll of insulation (they are like 16inx4ft) and stuff it in the holes that are going through the floors from the interior. Easiest way to find them would be turn on your kitchen vent and walk around feeling anywhere for the cold drafts coming in from outside.
    Last edited by jungleb0y; 09-25-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Kim, everything look fine at the furnace. My fireplace has a low temp of 71 wish that was lower sometimes. Where do you get the vents? that may help. I was thinking of maybe running another vent to the dresser but that maybe a pain because I would have to remove half the underbelly and cut holes in the floor and dresser and it would be easier to get more blankets.
    I wish I could remember where I got the vents. I traded off the '17 for a new 2020 and I need to replace the non adjustable vents.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I wish I could remember where I got the vents. I traded off the '17 for a new 2020 and I need to replace the non adjustable vents.
    I tried to get the bath vent off but it wouldn't come off, may just block part of it off at the furnace with aluminum foil tape. Traded the 17, hope you have good luck with the new one, i.e. delamination. We are kicking around the idea of going back to a MH.
    2015 F250 CC SB 4x4 6.7 PSD
    2018 315 RLTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12