User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our Imagine 2970 at Minneapolis RV show in February of 2018. Very long story short, just to solidify our decision prior signing paper work we checked out other campers that were "like" the 2970, one of which was a cougar. The wife and I both found certain things in the Cougar to be kind of cheesy, poorly placed and that sort of thing.

Late summer and winter of 2017 I spent a lot of time on a keystone forum and quite frankly got the berjeebers scared out of me. The various problems you read about on this forum that people are having with their Grand Designs (pick any model) are NOTHING compared to what I read about on the Keystone site. We were almost going to sign on a Bullet Premier and luckily we found the camper show deal on our 2970. Whew, dodged that bullet, , no pun intended.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We spent the week of labor day in our new Imagine 2800bh. We're very excited about our new camper and everything worked as expected, however, in defense of Keystone, we just got home in August from a two and a half month trip to Alaska towing a Keystone Bullet 230bhs. We had zero problems with both the camper and truck, which was a pleasant surprise.
    We had looked at the Imagine last winter but chose to put off buying until after our trip. In fact, we did buy it over the phone while still on the road. We've had good luck with our Bullet and had considered the Bullet 272bhs which has a similar floorplan and a somewhat better price point than the 2800bh but we were impressed with the appearance and finish, and some of the features of the Imagine over the Keystone Bullet.
    In the end, I think we made the right decision going with the Grand Design and the wife just loves it. But I can't say anything bad about our Keystone.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Grand Design dealer we went to, to take a look at the XLS 22RBE said they provide a 12volt group 27 battery when you purchase the trailer thru them. The Keystone dealer provides 2 batteries which I thought was normal. What’s your experience with this?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely dealer specific. Both Our Grand Design and our Keystone came with 1 group 24 battery. As we mostly dry camp I upgraded both to 2 batteries.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were looking at a Bullet Premier 28RK (Rear Kitchen). Don't get me wrong, I really liked the layout of the coach, for me the big kitchen area with lots of counter space, the 8 cubic foot fridge and the bigger oven/stove.
    Aside from that there were a number of things I really didn't like chief among them was a non-walkable roof. I mean with a coach of that size how is one supposed to get up there and clean the roof? There are ways, but it's hoaky. The other thing I really didn't like was the cable drive for slide. It's probably fine and fairly robust, I just didn't like it. And there were a number of other things we didn't care for.

Long and short of it was, if we purchased the Premier we were spending a lot of money to "settle" on a camper that would be Ok. Once we found our Imagine 2970 RL it was game on! Sure there are a few things I don't care for but they are little things.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the dealer finally got the XLS 22RBE in today so the wife and I went and looked at it. Brought a buddy along who has had a trailer for years now to get his opinion on the pros and cons since this will be our first. Wife and I both agree this is the one we’ll be getting. Knew we weren’t going to purchase today but wanted to confirm what we are going to get and get a ballpark price. Dealer gives us a quote for $29,400. “MAP” subtotal according to the Grand Design paperwork in the trailer is $29,189. MSRP including freight is $32,694. Now dealer tells us they don't charge freight but still quotes a price higher than “MAP”. I did’t counter as we weren’t buying today but what would be a reasonable price to come back at for those of you that have bought new? I’ve read anywhere from 10%-30%, I understand he has to make $ but I want to save $!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get 2 batteries make sure you get 2 6V batteries wired in series, not 2 12V batteries in parallel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what they quoted us was the 2-6 volts. Explain to me the difference? Benefits? I’m new to all this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would 2-6 volts be better or 1 12 volt?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    That’s what they quoted us was the 2-6 volts. Explain to me the difference? Benefits? I’m new to all this.
    2-6 Volt batteries have more amp hours than 2-12 volt batteries. Also 2-12 volt batteries are wired in parallel so if one battery is weaker than the other they end up tearing each other down. Batteries wired in series do not have this problem.
    6 Volt batteries are usually made for golf carts and for this reason they are true deep cycle batteries.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast