User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not owned a Keystone product, currently a Grand Design, (GD) 315 RLTS, before this one a Coachmen. For the most part construction techniques between brands are very similar, e.g. vacuum bonded walls, roof membrane, water heater brand, HVAC brand, ect. One area I can attest to is that GD does have very good customer support.

I would recommend looking at how the quality of the finished product looks, run your hand around the slide out, is it gapped equally on all sides, do the windows operate smoothly, does the entry door seal tightly and latch easily. Access to drains, the winterization process. Remove drawers and look for left over construction debris, look around and is wiring clean and secured, is it protected properly, especially the trailer brake wiring, should be in a wiring loom where it goes from the trailer to the axles.

Suspension is a big weak link on these trailers and 5th wheels, quality tires, shock absorbers, greasable spring bushings, rubberized leaf spring equalizer...all these components add to the ride and towing of the trailer. You'll see a lot of people drop big bucks for a 5th wheel hitch for the tow vehicle to have a better ride, which still leaves the the trailer jostling along behind them on the highway, it only isolates it from the tow vehicle.

For service either by you or a shop, is a wiring schematic available. Remember even if you pay someone else to make repairs, a simple wiring schematic can save time, which amounts to money.

Jayco has their 4star option, which is Dexter axles with self adjusting brakes, greasable spring bushings, Moryde spring hanger, and Goodyear Endurance tires....all good quality products.

I can definitely attest to the tire quality difference between Westlake and a Goodyear Endurance tire.. The Goodyear is heavier weight wise, and has a heavier stiffer sidewall. I replaced the spring bushings, tires, added rubberized spring hangers and shocks. The difference in towing was significant, especially over rough roads and crosswinds.

Let us know what you decide, and have fun in your travels!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    Any thoughts on the price i posted?
    We purchased our 2020 315RTLS through B.Young RV in Portland,OR. for our model they were without question, WAY lower in their RV prices than anyone else. I searched all over the U.S. for weeks on pricing. We made the entire deal online and by text and then picked it up 10 days later when it arrived from the factory. Since you are fairly close to Portland, it might be worth your while to check their pricing. https://www.byoungrv.com/new-rvs-for...ch=XLS%2022RBE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't ever buy Keystone! In addition to poorly constructed products, their customer service is horrific. They will bend over backwards to deny warranty claims. I swear they must have a "employee of the month" award for most denied claims!

And yes, many Keystones suffer from delamination issues amongst a plethora of other things that you'd think would be common sense.

Don't take my word for it though! Just head on over to the Keystone user forum.

Mike M.
    GD Imagine 2970RL

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234