User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main AC Blows Warm Air

So, I'm forced to take a couple days off from anything physical, but my main AC in the 2018 Reflection 337 has just started blowing warm air. It will turn on via thermostat, but it doesn't cool anything. I guess over the weeks I might have noticed it cooling less. Now it simply doesn't blow cool air. When I'm back on my feet, I'd like to troubleshoot it. Question is, where do I start?

Also, does anyone know the warranty duration on these things? My 1 year with GD is up, but surely there's a manufacturer warranty by Coleman on the Coleman Mach AC units. How is their customer service?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess would be the baffle that separates the intake from discharge got dislodged. It's a fairly simple fix and if you search the forum there are numerous discussions on how to fix it with pictures. The repair is made inside the camper and doesnt require you to go on roof.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 year on the air conditioner. If I had to guess it would be lack of refrigerant. You can verify this by checking amps the compressor is pulling. If its only an amp or two then its lacking gas, should be around 6 or 7 amps IIRC but I could be wrong on that it has been a while.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first thought would be to look at the thermostat and make sure that it is set to auto. The first two notches on it will allow the A/C unit to run without getting cold, just the fan.

Once you are absolutely sure the A/C thermostat is in the correct position put a thermometer you can buy at the grocery store in the A/C exhaust and measure the output temp.

So far I am not convinced you have an A/C failure, just a failure to understand the settings on the thermostat, I don't mean to offensive here, ok I was, I apologize. Please make sure the thermostat is set correctly for A/C.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    My first thought would be to look at the thermostat and make sure that it is set to auto. The first two notches on it will allow the A/C unit to run without getting cold, just the fan.

Once you are absolutely sure the A/C thermostat is in the correct position put a thermometer you can buy at the grocery store in the A/C exhaust and measure the output...
    So my AC was set to Cool, Hi, Auto. That is the correct setting. Also with the vent open my main AC was hitting my face with air that felt like outside air (85 degrees at the time). Just to be clear, I mean one of the 2 vents directly on the AC that allow for faster cooling bypassing the ductwork. The bedroom AC hit me with cold air. So without measuring the temp, I can tell. I get that for the warranty I’d want to measure it.
    Last edited by chemist308; 09-22-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Clarity
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbor has a 2019 Reflection 337 and his main AC unit started blowing warm air. It turned out to be a bad AC unit. Once it loses the coolant it's done. There is no repairing them according to the GD rep he called. So you would not be the first to have a bad unit. Best of luck and sorry for the frustration you must be going through. GD did replace the unit that was less than a year old.