User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    You make my point. Thanks......Don't get me wrong, I have seen some BAD welding!!! But not mine, BUT they are not works of art either...
    It wasn't my intention to make your point, quite the contrary.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 11-02-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It wasn't my intention to make your point, quite the contrary.
    LOl I know.....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closure: Just wanted to conclude this thread by sharing that I had the spring hanger replaced. LCI stood behind the hanger by paying for the replacement — part and labor to replace. While the new hanger was being replaced, I had V clips added to all the supports. While it is unfortunate the spring hanger cracked and it was a bit of work to make the claim and get the trailer in for the operation, I have to complement Lippert for standing behind everything.
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500; 2017 Reflection Fifth Wheel 303RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    Closure: Just wanted to conclude this thread by sharing that I had the spring hanger replaced. LCI stood behind the hanger by paying for the replacement — part and labor to replace. While the new hanger was being replaced, I had V clips added to all the supports. While it is unfortunate the spring hanger cracked and it was a bit of work to make the claim and get the trailer in for the operation, I have to complement Lippert for standing behind everything.
    Glad you have been made whole.

I'm reading these posts, and they make me cringe as an engineer! It's not rocket science by any means to design this sort of connection. Pretty simple analysis actually if you know all the loading states, which is also no mystery with decades of trailer frames rolling down the road, and apply appropriate overload factors of safety to the design.

I will advise, in the posts I've seen so far, that the root cause of the failure has not been hit. The fracture is being caused by the phase change to the steel from the factory weld. Either the designer inappropriately accounted for the weld specified, or the fabrication guys aren't following the design. Personally, I wouldn't be using a piece of cold rolled beat into form for reinforcement for the repair either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123