User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    To be clear, a test pull doesn’t solve the problem. The hitch was completely closed as usual around the pin and the test pull works just fine. The retaining pin which locks the hitch closed was what was missing (I use a padlock). I assume it was the 180 degree turn that worked the jaws open since they weren’t locked closed. The good news from that is it happened in the campground, not on the freeway. I was surprised by how fast the pin left the hitch in human reaction terms. My conclusion was if you test pull without the jacks down, it will be hard to avoid damage if there is an issue with the hitching.
    This is the third time I have heard of a trailer coming out of the Blue Ox hitch. Happened to a friend of mine as well. I have a PullRite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    On the 16K there is a place to put one, but I would need a two step ladder to reach it. I like the pullrite because when it latches you know it won't unlock unless you lift and pull the handle. . . .
    I have the PullRite as well. When it locks in, its locked in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have no problem locking our Pullright SuperGlide. Just put a padlock through the opening where the handle is. Here is a pic to show how I do it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	27585

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jchild- Colorado Springs, CO
    - 2018 303RLS
    - 2015 GMC 2500HD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s an easy way to do. In 20,000 miles of pulling my trailer, I’ve never had the hitch come loose. Maybe just lucky but the lock in the hitch seems pretty secure.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the B&W Patriot, Pullrite, Andersen, and now the Blue Ox.
    I liked the Patriot the best for it's jaw mechanism. I hated the Pullrite. First time I used it the mechanism bent and had to be replaced. You have to back up fairly close to straight to unhitch as well. Several times I had to just leave the Pullrite hanging on the pin to get loose from it. The Andersen worked find but has no slider feature.
    I have had the Blue Ox slider now for 3 years. I have had no issues with it. My only complaint is having to climb in the truck and torque the bolts.
    The 220rk has a stupid revolving hitch that can't be converted to the Goosebox due to it not being the standard Lippert 1621 pin box. If I ever sell the 220rk I will get a Goosebox. This will give me a freed up truck bed as well as no bolts to torque or hitch to put in and out of the truck. Because I have the B&W turnover ball in both trucks I can use the B&W extended ball and gain more clearance.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123