I dropped my 303 Friday morning as we were leaving the campground. The cause was simple, I forgot to padlock the hitch latch closed as usual, just a dangerous, stupid error. We had been out camping all summer covering 8000+ miles and were heading home on the last short leg of the trip. I pulled out of the camping spot making almost a 180 degree turn onto the exit road. I heard an unusual noise and decided to test the trailer brakes to make sure everything was tightly connected. Bad decision. I watched in the rear view mirror as the trailer pulled out of the truck followed by a loud noise. We were barely moving and, when I stopped, we were close enough that the umbilical to the truck was still attached and not stretched. The tailgate was lying in the road between the truck and trailer and the trailer was sitting (kneeling?) on its front leveling jacks. After looking at the damages, I believe that the king pin pulled out of the hitch, the rv came down on the truck siderails (minor denting), and then ripped the tailgate on out as it was falling down. The emergency brake sensor pulled and I believe the RV had stopped moving before it hit the ground (no skid marks or distortion on the snap-pads). After some work, we managed to get the tailgate into the back seat of the truck and rehitch. To my surprise, there was enough throw in the front jacks to take the pin up above the hitch and I was able to hitch up as usual - yes, this time carefully padlocking the hitch closed. We had an uneventful rest of the trip and arrived home about an hour later than expected, of course with a heck of a mess to clean up. On inspection, I can’t find any significant damage to the camper. The leveling jacks work as before. The only other part of the camper to touch the ground was a corner of the frame that holds the stairs into the camper. The stairs still go in and out but with a bit more friction and I will need to straighten that slightly. My question to learned members of the forum is what should I be looking for and how can I make sure I don’t miss any problems? There is no obvious damage to the beams or welds or structure in the front of the unit where it landed. My working assumption is that the tailgate basically took one for the team and cushioned the fall as it ripped completely out the back of the truck. The body shop will fix the truck. I hope I don’t need similar work on the RV but want to be as sure as practical.