Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes... Another Thread with Tire Questions

Our Momentum 320G came with Westlake G rated tires. We have not had any issues yet but we are planning a 3200 mile trip next summer and I plan to replace them with better tires this winter. Our tires are ST235/80R16 load range G (oddly I can't even find these as an option on Westlake's website). Some of the other brands only have ST235/85R16 in load range G.

Has anyone made the swap to these slightly larger tires? Any issues doing so?

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost all of the Westlake tire issues have been with the LR "E" tires. Almost no one has reported issues with the Westlake LR "G" tires. I have them on my 20K GVWR Momentum 394 and am planning on keeping them. You might want to research this before buying new tires and getting rid of the tires you already have. YMMV.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Almost all of the Westlake tire issues have been with the LR "E" tires. Almost no one has reported issues with the Westlake LR "G" tires. I have them on my 20K GVWR Momentum 394 and am planning on keeping them. You might want to research this before buying new tires and getting rid of the tires you already have. YMMV.
    Thank you for the feedback. I have researched quite a bit. My dealership recommended changing tires so I thought I would reach out here and see what others had done.