User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 344GK -- 2019 or 2020?

A decision I'm working on - to buy a new 2019 344GK at one dealership or order a 2020 model at another dealer. (Similar configurations, I'm primarily ordering to choose the furniture color.)

Question - Were there any changes on the 344GK from the 2019 to 2020 model years?

Any other considerations that will help me decide between the two? Future resale is one, not sure how to price that.

Thanks all,
    Bob

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The changes for the new model are fairly minor. The RV model year runs from August to August with the big dealer shows this week. I used to live in Elkhart Indiana where they are all made. My dealer told me the Solitude changes are:
    Exterior. MorRyde rubber pin box
    Interior. New color on valence and walls
    Motion sensor lights added
    Power cord rail
    New hardware
    No carpet on slide outs

The Linen is the same color but a little more grey on new Reflexion . That is all the detail I have. I just ordered a 385GK-R to be delivered early November. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    The changes for the new model are fairly minor. The RV model year runs from August to August with the big dealer shows this week. I used to live in Elkhart Indiana where they are all made. My dealer told me the Solitude changes are:
    Exterior. MorRyde rubber pin box
    Interior. New color on valence and walls
    Motion sensor lights added
    Power cord rail
    New hardware
    No carpet on slide outs

The Linen is the same color but a little more grey on new Reflexion . That is all the detail I have. I just ordered a 385GK-R to be delivered early November. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
    GunDog - thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

This is my first trailer and I'm trying to do it right. Just received an email the dealer's counter offer on the 2019 model. I now have the spec sheets for both units (2019 and 2020) that I'll compare for options and pricing.

Thanks again, and great luck with your new 385GK.

Bob

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The big thing now to ask is how much is the dealer willing to offer to move that 2019. When you discuss his offer tell him you are also discussing a 2020 at another dealer. Let him give you a price and never give him an offer. He will decide if he wants to find another person to haggle with or just make you a killer offer. Ask him if he has hit this months sale quota yet? There is currently a turndown in RV sales, let that work for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JiMissy - thanks for the advice. I'll be talking with the salesman on Monday, he should have a price for me then. As one person at the RV campground told me, "take your time". I plan on doing that. --- Bob