User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 FX4 Short Bed with Pullrite Superglide

Our 2010 F250 took a dump on our way home from CO last week. We replaced it with a new F350 6.7 TD Fx4 SRW short bed. We had the dealer transfer our Pullrite Superglide from the old vehicle, but it appears to sit substantially higher than in the old truck. The new bed sits about 4" higher than the old bed. When we started to hook up to leave again, the setup looked so off that we decided to drive home and figure out other options. Has anyone run into issues with the height of bed of the new F350 Fx4's? I'm reading where I might have to lower truck and raise the trailer (GD dealer didn't think so) and buy a different hitch. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. We have a 2014 Solitude 369RL. Thanks HJ
    hjdj

369RLS #1206
    2010 F250 Diesel
    Pull-Rite SuperGlide Sliding Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how much clearance you have have at the bedsides. If you are above the min clearance, then another hitch may work (Demco is adjustable) or can adjust the kingping. If already at or below minimum clearance, then you either raise the trailer, or lower the truck (or both).
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdj369rl View Post
    Our 2010 F250 took a dump on our way home from CO last week. We replaced it with a new F350 6.7 TD Fx4 SRW short bed. We had the dealer transfer our Pullrite Superglide from the old vehicle, but it appears to sit substantially higher than in the old truck. The new bed sits about 4" higher than the old bed. When we started to hook up to leave again, the setup looked so off that we decided to drive home and figure out other options. Has anyone run into issues with the height of bed of the new F350 Fx4's? I'm reading where I might have to lower truck and raise the trailer (GD dealer didn't think so) and buy a different hitch. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated. We have a 2014 Solitude 369RL. Thanks HJ
    We've pulled a Reflection 320MKS and a Solitude 310GK with that truck and hitch. Neither trailer is/was level. The dealer said both were just a couple of inches high and assured us that it wasn't a problem, but the dealer told us a few things that weren't true. I carefully monitored tire temperature for the first couple of months of towing both trailers and have never seen a significant difference between front and back tires - which might denote too much load on the rear tires - so I have relaxed about the setup even though some here have warned of the importance of a level hookup. You may decide you can't live with it, but with two trailers and a total of nearly a year and ~18K miles of travel between them we haven't had a problem doing that. We have just enough clearance between truck and trailer - I've seen them get very close to each other in some non-level turning situations - and so am reluctant to reduce that clearance to achieve a level setup.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few people have reported that changing from the 350 to the 250 lift blocks solved their problem. Not difficult or expensive.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're considering both right now - our big concern is getting the trailer back to AZ - going back to CO tomorrow, head back on Sunday. Thx.
    hjdj

369RLS #1206
    2010 F250 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - we needed to hear that. Going back to CO tomorrow to get the trailer and limp back home, if need be. This is a big help -Thx!
    hjdj

369RLS #1206
    2010 F250 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdj369rl View Post
    Thanks - we needed to hear that. Going back to CO tomorrow to get the trailer and limp back home, if need be. This is a big help -Thx!
    What was your ultimate solution? I have a 2019 350 SRW FX as well. I have a 20k Reese Goosebox and have 7-8 inches of bed rail clearance. However, I am towing nose high and am somewhat uncomfortable with it. Strongly considering lower the rear of truck from 3.5 inch block to a 2 inch block. What worked for you?
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    What was your ultimate solution? I have a 2019 350 SRW FX as well. I have a 20k Reese Goosebox and have 7-8 inches of bed rail clearance. However, I am towing nose high and am somewhat uncomfortable with it. Strongly considering lower the rear of truck from 3.5 inch block to a 2 inch block. What worked for you?
    We actually haven't made any adjustments yet. We were able to drive home with no issues. It looks off, but handles fine. Right now, we are only traveling 700 mi to CO, setting up for the entire summer, then returning in fall. We might consider flipping the axel 1st, if we decide to travel more in the winter. But for now, we'll leave as is. Good luck.
    hjdj

369RLS #1206
    2010 F250 Diesel