User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do the reclining chair electric functions automatically turn off?

Thanks to those that have answered questions out here. We are finally figuring out everything on our new camper. I think we have reached our last question before our maiden voyage. Our reclining chairs have light, heat, and vibration features. There are 2 settings for heat and 3 for vibration. The indicators for the setting levels are a slight change in the brightness of the button. Aside from how it feels, it's hard to tell the difference between on and off, let alone discern the diffence for the varying levels. My question is if these features will automatically turn off after a period of time? I'm mostly concerned about when we return and store the camper in our shed plugged into power. I could see these getting bumped or turned on by kids and left for weeks on end.

Thanks!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you flip the breaker for the receptacle that they are plugged into?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't answer to the heat or lights. I was sitting in my recliner last night using the massage and it did shut off by itself. I had to restart it a couple times. You could just unplug them during storage.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can unplug them, should be an outlet on the floor behind the chairs. Gimmicky at best in my opinion, unplugged mine for the same reason
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for peace of mind I would test it myself. Turn one on one evening with no one sitting in it. Check it periodically to see if it goes off on it's own.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I unplugged mine after day 2. Assuming these controls are located the same on all recliners. Mine are located immediately in front of the cup holders. I found it's impossible to get up without turning on one or more of these features. I will just enjoy a plain, basic recliner, but will miss the blue LED lights on the floor...........NOT!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE - ANSWER

We took our first trip this last weekend. Both the vibration and the heat turn themselves off after a period of time. They do not turn off at the same time, however.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a short power strip for our chairs. Plugged it in behind the the chairs then placed it under the foot rest. Then plugged the chairs into it. Much easier to shut off the power to the chairs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
    Thanks to those that have answered questions out here. We are finally figuring out everything on our new camper. I think we have reached our last question before our maiden voyage. Our reclining chairs have light, heat, and vibration features. There are 2 settings for heat and 3 for vibration. The indicators for the setting levels are a slight change in the brightness of the button. Aside from how it feels, it's hard to tell the difference between on and off, let alone discern the diffence for the varying levels. My question is if these features will automatically turn off after a period of time? I'm mostly concerned about when we return and store the camper in our shed plugged into power. I could see these getting bumped or turned on by kids and left for weeks on end.

Thanks!
    I know the lights turn off because we sometimes have to turn them back on. I would have to assume the heat and vibration turn off automatically, as well. The reason I assume this is because I've been sitting next to the dogs, several times, when one of the knuckleheads turns something on...We leave them in the camper and have never returned to a chair feature being activated. Not science, but I'm reasonably sure about that. Cheers!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine do turn off on their own... I had to build protectors for mine as the dogs kept turning them on. A thin piece of board with a piece of foam cut to fit in the cup holder. Glued the foam to the board and presto...puppy proof...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast